Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

was flicking around the suggestions and spotted Dragonslayer on there, liked that movie as a kid, its probably rubbish now but its got one of the best dragons in movies history, Vermithrax Pejorative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Is the US Netflix down for anyone at the minute? I can't log on for love nor money using a PS3.

That happened me last night (Thursday night) where no matter how many times I tried it wouldnt let me in but I eventually restarted the PS3 and it then let me in right away - might have been some sort of update being applied or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

JohnK wrote: »
    That happened me last night (Thursday night) where no matter how many times I tried it wouldnt let me in but I eventually restarted the PS3 and it then let me in right away - might have been some sort of update being applied or something.

US Flix's service has definitly been more patchy in the last month or so, some people are attributing it to the fact that Netflix are now leasing servers for their content off Amazon (a competitor) and that whilst Netflix US was down on Christmas Eve and Day Amazon's streaming service was fine, leading to suspicions of commercial sabotage, hope this isn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

New episodes of Misfits and Skins on UK/Irish netflix now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Watched Batman Year One last night fantastic film up there with the live action efforts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Separate threads for film & TV
    Watched Batman Year One last night fantastic film up there with the live action efforts
    Dont forget to check out the other ones

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is now on US Flix, enjoyable nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Getting a weird thing on us flix on ps3 where the titles are scrolling by so quickly the only way I can watch something is via search option. Am using a third party controller but have plugged the USB dongle out and still happens. Any ideas please?

sweetie wrote: »
    Getting a weird thing on us flix on ps3 where the titles are scrolling by so quickly the only way I can watch something is via search option. Am using a third party controller but have plugged the USB dongle out and still happens. Any ideas please?

Only thing I can think is that one of the buttons on controller is slightly stuck in a pressed down position, happened to me before with another remote in a different situation, just make sure all buttons are "flush" with each other, as it were, use a needle etc.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is now on US Flix, enjoyable nonsense.

the MI franchise is strange, the third and fourth movies are the best ones. III is one of the best blockbusters of recent years and GP has its moments, the scenes in Dubai are fantastic. Whatever about Cruise but props to him for doing those mental stunts himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

sweetie wrote: »

Very same thing happened me before Christmas. Don't think it was anything to do with the controller been stuck as it happened on two controllers. Don't know if it was just coincidence but I changed my display settings from HD to SD and then back again and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

US Netflix - Just having a quick browse, and noticed that V/H/S is up there. A film that will divide people on whether it is any good or not, but I enjoyed for the most part. It is a horror anthology with each segment directed by a different person. As far as I am aware, it has not been released in cinemas in Ireland/UK yet. Was on the festival circuit.

Also several of the animated peanuts films are up as well. Loved these as a kid and will be rewatching them as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

irishash wrote: »
    US Netflix - Just having a quick browse, and noticed that V/H/S is up there. A film that will divide people on whether it is any good or not, but I enjoyed for the most part. It is a horror anthology with each segment directed by a different person. As far as I am aware, it has not been released in cinemas in Ireland/UK yet. Was on the festival circuit.

It's out in the cinemas on the 18th. I read a review of it in this month's Empire which is why I was then very surprised to see it on the US Netflix already!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

US Flix's service has definitly been more patchy in the last month or so, some people are attributing it to the fact that Netflix are now leasing servers for their content off Amazon (a competitor) and that whilst Netflix US was down on Christmas Eve and Day Amazon's streaming service was fine, leading to suspicions of commercial sabotage, hope this isn't true.

Been having problems with it myself for the last week or two. Whats happening a lot of the time is when I go to play something it loads about half way then I get an error saying it can't be played. Only seems to work when it feels like it.

krudler wrote: »
    the MI franchise is strange, the third and fourth movies are the best ones. III is one of the best blockbusters of recent years and GP has its moments, the scenes in Dubai are fantastic. Whatever about Cruise but props to him for doing those mental stunts himself.

Had only seen the first one when it came out and wasn't impressed at all, just watched the 3rd one and its much better than the 4th, more"realistic", kind of like a more fantastical Bourne, might watch the 2nd at some stage, I generally don't watch sequels backwards! Though in this case they seem to work as standalone films.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just got into American Horror Story, it's an excellent series if your into scary stuff.

Just got into American Horror Story, it's an excellent series if your into scary stuff.

Great show, the second season is even better, its cool how both seasons have absolutely nothing to do with each other, even though most of the cast return, completely different setting and characters. Jessica Lange is brilliant in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

irishash wrote: »

Also several of the animated peanuts films are up as well. Loved these as a kid and will be rewatching them as soon as I can.

Yeah, V/H/S looks really good! Could only watch about 40 minutes as my internet went down but really enjoyed what I've seen. I'll definitely watch the rest when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

The Iron Lady, starring Meryl Streep is now available on the Irish Netflix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Iron Lady, starring Meryl Streep is now available on the Irish Netflix.
    I wouldn't recommend it. It's terrible. One of the worst films of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I wouldn't recommend it. It's terrible. One of the worst films of last year.

Surprising, I was lining it up for tonights viewing.

Maybe I might just continue with Sons of Anarchy.

spotted The Game on the Irish one, criminally underrated movie imo, one of David Fincher's early films. Michael Douglas is great in it, plenty of twists as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yeah, The Iron Lady is bad - Meryl gurning for the camera, making fun of a senile woman and ghosts appearing. This is not political. I liked W. and I would cross the road to take a leak on the guy if he was on fire.

This one is far better on her rise to power http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1067578/

or for the fall from grace http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230150/

Watched "War Games" last night on US Flix, brilliant concept and pacing, still holds up really well. When I seen it in '83 in the cinema the thought for a kid growing up in Ireland that some kid had, firstly a computer and then secondly it could connect to his school and change his grades and play games was mindblowing! Plus I fell in love with Ally Sheedy :p. They're planning to remake it, can't see how it would have the impact of the original, when it was made computers were sci fi for the ordinary person plus the Cold War as a backdrop can never be topped as the stakes were so high, ie complete destruction of mankind! Watch it if youse get the chance. 10/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Watched "War Games" last night on US Flix, brilliant concept and pacing, still holds up really well. When I seen it in '83 in the cinema the thought for a kid growing up in Ireland that some kid had, firstly a computer and then secondly it could connect to his school and change his grades and play games was mindblowing! Plus I fell in love with Ally Sheedy :p. They're planning to remake it, can't see how it would have the impact of the original, when it was made computers were sci fi for the ordinary person plus the Cold War as a backdrop can never be topped as the stakes were so high, ie complete destruction of mankind! Watch it if youse get the chance. 10/10

I went back and watched sneakers the other day on netflix us, remember liking it when i was young and i enjoyed it again, i also rewatched planes, trains and automobiles and it was excellent and surprisingly poignant at times - i don't want to sound like a nostalgic old fart but "they don't make them like they used to" , much less emphasis on story and character these days as movies seek to please every demographic and include too much - a lot of modern movies are too noisy and somehow less innocent/likeable/emotive especially with regard to the biiger budget high profile flicks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

krudler wrote: »
    Great show, the second season is even better, its cool how both seasons have absolutely nothing to do with each other, even though most of the cast return, completely different setting and characters. Jessica Lange is brilliant in it.

Just finished series 1 there, great show, think I wanna Maid : )

Anyway to warch season 2 yet, can I change my location or anything to get it?

Just finished series 1 there, great show, think I wanna Maid : )

Anyway to warch season 2 yet, can I change my location or anything to get it?

Its on FX if you have it on sky or upc, upto episode 10, otherwise you'll have to eh, acquire it online

The Hunger Games has been added to the Canadian Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Watched The Friends of Eddie Coyle a few nights ago. Terrific Boston set crime film, those who liked Killing Them Softly and The Departed will feel right at home with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Ren & Stimpy episodes just added to Ireland for brain melting fun :D

Ren-Stimpy_l.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement