Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Separate threads for film & TV
    Melion wrote: »
    Could someone pm me how to get the us Netflix on my ps3
    Not allowed on boards.ie
    just google it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just got myself hooked up to Netflix US after all the folks ranting and raving :D gotta say, its pretty **** TBH, not seeing that much more great content i was told about. :(

Did enjoy that Silent House movie that they shot in one take. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Just got myself hooked up to Netflix US after all the folks ranting and raving :D gotta say, its pretty **** TBH, not seeing that much more great content i was told about. :(

Did enjoy that Silent House movie that they shot in one take. :)

It's been said a hundred times here but, the front page is only a fraction of the catalogue.

If you are using US Netflix, check out instantwatcher.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

adox wrote: »
    It's been said a hundred times here but, the front page is only a fraction of the catalogue.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

"Manhunter" is on US Flix, just as good as Silence of The Lambs and the first film appearance of Hannibal Lector.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched Safety Not Guaranteed, after ? someone's recommendation on this thread, brilliant film, loved it. Recommendation from me: Big Fish is on US Netflix (maybe Irish too?), lovely film from Tim Burton. "Heartwarming"

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

adox wrote: »

This is another good site. Search for a movie/tv series, tick the Netflix icon, untick the rest. It will tell you if it's on Netflix, if it is, click on the the Netflix icon in the search result, it will tell you which region of Netflix it's on. There's some good stuff that's only available on Canada Netflix for example, such as The White Ribbon, a great movie. Must figure out how to get Canadian Netflix :)

www.moreflicks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Gruesome and intense! The Mooring is definitely worth a watch on U.S Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

It seems there's now a queue function on the website and on the PS3, havn't checked Xbox yet but it'll prove very handy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

grimm2005 wrote: »
    It seems there's now a queue function on the website and on the PS3, havn't checked Xbox yet but it'll prove very handy.

Nice, something that should have been there from day one really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

grimm2005 wrote: »

This has gotten my hopes up, I really hope you're not just talking about US Netflix (which has had it for years). The only UI strength that Lovefilm has over Netflix for me is the ability to stick stuff in your queue.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was just on the irish website and don't see a queue option anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anymore have a different region neflix on their xbox?
    Does it mess up the ability to play games on xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Fysh wrote: »
    This has gotten my hopes up, I really hope you're not just talking about US Netflix (which has had it for years). The only UI strength that Lovefilm has over Netflix for me is the ability to stick stuff in your queue.

Its on my Irish account thats accessing the US catalog - I never had a queue function before now.

Anymore have a different region neflix on their xbox?
    Does it mess up the ability to play games on xbox live?

I've never had a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Tsotsi

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

JohnK wrote: »
    Its on my Irish account thats accessing the US catalog - I never had a queue function before now.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that it's only there when you're accessing the US catalogue. When you go back to accessing the Irish catalogue (or any other country, AFAIK) the queue disappears. I was onto the support team asking about this earlier and there's still nothing on the horizon, though apparently they can flag your account as being interested in queue functionality (which I assume means "if enough people contact them to give out about it, we'll work on actually rolling it out").

Christ knows why they can't just roll this out since they've already got it in the US. I prefer Netflix's content library and find that in the UK their investment in their CDN results in dependable streaming access vs Lovefilm's frequently unreliable rubbish (on more than one occasion I've given up watching Lovefilm stream's because I've had upwards of 6 successive pauses for more than a minute's worth of alleged buffering; this has never happened to me in around a year's worth of Netflix usage). For all that, Lovefilm's UI leaves Neftlix choking on dust.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that it's only there when you're accessing the US catalogue. When you go back to accessing the Irish catalogue (or any other country, AFAIK) the queue disappears. I was onto the support team asking about this earlier and there's still nothing on the horizon, though apparently they can flag your account as being interested in queue functionality (which I assume means "if enough people contact them to give out about it, we'll work on actually rolling it out").

Christ knows why they can't just roll this out since they've already got it in the US. I prefer Netflix's content library and find that in the UK their investment in their CDN results in dependable streaming access vs Lovefilm's frequently unreliable rubbish (on more than one occasion I've given up watching Lovefilm stream's because I've had upwards of 6 successive pauses for more than a minute's worth of alleged buffering; this has never happened to me in around a year's worth of Netflix usage). For all that, Lovefilm's UI leaves Neftlix choking on dust.

I don't get a queue function regardless of which catalogue I'm accessing.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that it's only there when you're accessing the US catalogue. When you go back to accessing the Irish catalogue (or any other country, AFAIK) the queue disappears.
    Ah, right. Well logging in via my browser is also giving the option to add items to my list and thats purely an Irish account accessing the Irish catalog so it should be on the PS3 Irish catalog too (especially since the list function was never available to me on the PS3 before now)

JohnK wrote: »
    Ah, right. Well logging in via my browser is also giving the option to add items to my list and thats purely an Irish account accessing the Irish catalog so it should be on the PS3 Irish catalog too (especially since the list function was never available to me on the PS3 before now)

Are you getting that on PC as well? It may be that they've rolled it out on the PS3 client but not elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still no queue function for me on PS3. Irish account accessing US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Are you getting that on PC as well? It may be that they've rolled it out on the PS3 client but not elsewhere.

Yeah I mean the browser on my PC alright so PC Browser with Irish account looking at Irish catalog and PS3 app using Irish account looking at US catalog are both giving me the option to add movies/series to a list. Doesn't seem to be the same list though so the things I added on the PS3 (US Catalog) aren't showing on the PC Browser (Irish Catalog)

Still no sign of this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Instant Queue has changed to My List on US Netflix.

Are any of ye getting this on PC? Could you take a screen grab maybe so I can see where it shows up?

Thanks. Yeah have it set to US and that option's not there for me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah have it set to US and that option's not there for me at all.

Mines also set on US Netflix, not there for me on Laptop or PS3 either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement