Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Arrested Development season 4. I'm up to episode 9 now. I was initially underwhelmed, Arrested Development seasons 1-3 are brilliant, it was abruptly cancelled about 6 years ago. But it's getting better as it goes along, as the stories intertwine, and I'm beginning to love this show all over again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Yeah I'm only two episodes in yet, it's amusing but not up to previous standard yet. Glad to hear it improves, it seems like it will get better once it has all the filling in the gaps stuff done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Shane Carruth's Upstream Color is now on Netflix US (and Canada)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Rocketeer is on Irish Netflix, looking forward to rewatching it. Dirty Pretty Things has also been added, very good film from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Rocketeer is on Irish Netflix, looking forward to rewatching it. Dirty Pretty Things has also been added, very good film from what I remember.

I adore that film, shonky effects aside its brilliant fun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Footoo wrote: »
    Shane Carruth's Upstream Color is now on Netflix US (and Canada)

An absolute must watch for anyone remotely interested in contemporary cinema. A director fulfilling their potential absolutely - breathtakingly put together, so satisfying to pick apart and analyse after the fact. Wildly ambitious (and wildly successful) in terms of pure cinematic storytelling that trusts the audience completely. Certainly one of the finest films I've had the pleasure to sit through this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Rocketeer is on Irish Netflix, looking forward to rewatching it.
    I actually watched it last night. I was 14 back then and when I saw Billy Campbell for the 1st time I was like wow, crush :o ... last night only noticed Jennifer Connelly :D
    Checking the cast on imdb... Adof Hitler as himself .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Watched NEDS and a cool documentary called Following Sean on US Netflix today,really enjoyed both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Started watching Homeland on Canadian Netflix last night, really enjoying it so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Nurse Jackie has it all... Dark, Funny & has some really sick moments that I shamefully say is very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

An absolute must watch for anyone remotely interested in contemporary cinema. A director fulfilling their potential absolutely - breathtakingly put together, so satisfying to pick apart and analyse after the fact. Wildly ambitious (and wildly successful) in terms of pure cinematic storytelling that trusts the audience completely. Certainly one of the finest films I've had the pleasure to sit through this year.

Really looking forward to seeing this - Primer is one of my all time favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I'm sure it has been recommended here before, but I am really enjoying Friday Night Lights, nearly finished season 1 with plenty of seasons left to go.

Its up on US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Buffy The Vampire Slayer has just gone from three seasons to seven - the whole enchilada, all 144 episodes. It would be easy to understate just how seminal, accomplished and potentially rewarding Joss Whedon's "little show that could" really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

cordni wrote: »
    All these recommendations are great but we need an Irish Netflix thread. A

Guys, some of us travel a lot and the different netflix region recommendations are what this thread is all about ;)

Netflix US just added the brilliant Rolling Thunder and the ridiculously cheesy Miami Connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Super has been added to Netflix US, t'is an absolute gem of a Superhero comedy that has overtly dark tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Super has been added to Netflix US, t'is an absolute gem of a Superhero comedy that has overtly dark tones.

"Shut up, crime!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Looks like the game is up for traveling around the world watching other Netflix's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Looks like the game is up for traveling around the world watching other Netflix's.

Really? News to me.

Really? News to me.

The recent update for the PS3 app made dns trickery difficult. Still works fine on every other device and most services such as unblockus have found a work around for the PS3.

• Advertisement

Damn, I just checked that. I was refused entry in to the USA and Canada, two of the best places to watch Netflix whilst travelling. This is not good news.

EDIT. I'm on PS3, having read the last couple of comments.

I meant on ps3, someday all the traveling has to stop and one has to head home and settle the bills, this is that day:

http://help.unotelly.com/support/solutions/articles/97395-ps3-error-messages-for-netflix

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No problems here. I was using the PS3 earlier as well. I guess it's only a problem with certain providers.

I had a free ticket to the USA and Canada if I booked through my PS3, I'll miss Toronto and New York.

The unfriendly guys in US and Canadian immigration refused my pleas for asylum but the good people of Mexico have just said "bienvenida compadre", I'm jet lagged but happy for the time being.

I've been busy in Ireland with Arrested Development season 4, but now I'm in a 30 Rock and a hard place. Mexico has great weather at this time of year. There's probably some stuff worth seeing in Ireland for the moment. Holy Motors, Batman!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Damsels in Distress on Netflix Ireland. Be warned: its a deeply strange, quirky and uneven film. But director Whit Stillman manges some moments of brilliance, and the whole things is fascinatingly zany. Greta Gerwig is fantastic in it. You might well hate the heck out of it, but its also pretty fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

How long ago was the update on Netflix on PS3? I havent logged in since last weekend, when it was working fine. There isnt an option not to update either is there?

adox wrote: »
    How long ago was the update on Netflix on PS3? I havent logged in since last weekend, when it was working fine. There isnt an option not to update either is there?

Its not a PS3 update problem, its Netflix closing that loophole, from UNOTELLY:

"Netflix recently updated their back end framework to override third-party DNS servers by what looks like a forced DNS Lookup with Google and other Public DNS Servers. You will get all kinds of errors such as AIP-701, AIP 703, AIP 703. This update breaks SmartDNS support from providers like UnoTelly for Netflix on PS3. . We are currently investigating this issue and looking for a solution."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I got on to the Canadian one on PS3 last night but couldn't get back to the American one after changing, worked fine on Xbox and PC though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement