Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

They redid the interface for Netflix on ps3, seems to be a lot more responsive now and it looks a lot better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Separate threads for film & TV
    what's your ratio of browsing through the interface to actually watching movies/tv lads?

Mine shockingly is nearing 50/50 :o

too much choice can be a bad thing

I'm always thinking to myself "yeah that might be good but maybe there'll be something better" (carries on browsing......)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

donfers wrote: »
    what's your ratio of browsing through the interface to actually watching movies/tv lads?

I'm always thinking to myself "yeah that might be good but maybe there'll be something better" (carries on browsing......)

I'm terrible, often spent half an hour browsing films only to end up watching more episodes of The Office/Always Sunny instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Excellent, hopefully they'll sort the subtitles on A Hijacking quickly.

That IS odd, you would imagine that someone is employed to skip through the files they get before uploading them? My Danish isn't great but from what I could make out the pirates did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Got US today..FANTASTIC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm terrible, often spent half an hour browsing films only to end up watching more episodes of The Office/Always Sunny instead.

Every dinner time, sit down with dinner, look for something short to watch, then m dinners going cold by the time I find something

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They redid the interface for Netflix on ps3, seems to be a lot more responsive now and it looks a lot better.

Yeah it looks fantastic. Haven't got to mess about with it yet but visually it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

The new interface is great I have to say. Much slicker looking and has improved browsing and loading speeds for me.

Watched Olympus has fallen the other day on US Netflix. Have to say I really enjoyed it. Felt like a die hard film or at least what die hard films have been afraid to be for the last 2 films

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

donfers wrote: »

I found the My List addition very handy to overcome this. Anything I find somewhat interesting, I throw it into My List and make my way through it.

Frances Ha is on the US one now too, must give that a watch

oh and if you want some unintentional laughs, The Devils Ride is on there now too, it's a Discoery "reality" show that's basically a reality verion attempt at Sons of Anarchy, it's woefully bad but funny as hell with it's totally not put on for the camera aspects.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is A Hijacking definitely up there? Wanted to watch it tonight but couldn't get it to show up on the xbox.

Is A Hijacking definitely up there? Wanted to watch it tonight but couldn't get it to show up on the xbox.

It's there alright on the US store.

It's there alright on the US store.

Very strange, when I search on the laptop it's there but not the xbox.

EDIT: Actually no, it's saying it's unavailable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Is it me or is there no "my list" option on the US option?

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Is it me or is there no "my list" option on the US option?

same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Same here

Kind of annoying that they got rid of the "play from beginning" option since the update, only gives me resume playing now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A few welcome additions to the Irish store. Predominantly Beyond The Hills. The latest from the director of 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days. It's long, it's gruelling, it's miserable. But it's also captivating, intense and provocative, telling the story of a group of rural Orthodox nuns in Romania who find themselves struggling to cope when a visitor refuses to leave. Worthy of your full attention.

For slightly lightly fare, the charming Safety Not Guaranteed is on there too.

I haven't got around to watching it yet, but the first series of Swedish crime drama The Bridge has also been added (the original, not the recent Sky remake). Consensus is overwhelmingly positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I watched Dead Man Down last night and I thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

I watched Dog Pound. Enjoyed it, gritty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Just watched Dead Like Me, Found it quite enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Is it only me getting lots of Bollywood additions and recommendations on Netflix? :confused:

Barna77 wrote: »
    Is it only me getting lots of Bollywood additions and recommendations on Netflix? :confused:

That and loads of Discovery channel bollocks, anything that has the words "extreme" "wars" or "rednecks" in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

As a previous poster has mentioned, Only God Forgives is up on the American Netflix.
    It is certainly worth a watch, even if I did find the whole stop-start nature had a negative impact on it.

McGrath5 wrote: »
    As a previous poster has mentioned, Only God Forgives is up on the American Netflix.
    It is certainly worth a watch, even if I did find the whole stop-start nature having a negative impact on it.

I watched it Sunday night. It was OK, very pretty to look at. Super stylish, good soundtrack, but it was a very unengaging film overall I thought and well, pretty dull tbh. Definitely worth a watch if you like any of Refn's other films though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I watched it Sunday night. It was OK, very pretty to look at. Super stylish, good soundtrack, but it was a very unengaging film overall I thought and well, pretty dull tbh. Definitely worth a watch if you like any of Refn's other films though.

Pretty much my feelings on it. I felt much the same about Valhalla Rising, but that at least had Mikkelsen's primal central performance to drive it. Worth a watch as you say, but don't think I'll be revisiting it any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Watched about 45 minutes of it, horrible, cold characters lacking any humanity in an attempt to be "cool" by being offensive, risible crap aimed at psychopaths. 0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Working my way through Fringe, a bit late to the show, but if you enjoyed The X-Files back in the day, or Warehouse 13 (which is also on Netflix, and seriously needs another season!!) then this is right up your street. Although, i'd imagine it wouldn't be half as good is it wasn't for John Nobles fantastic performance as Dr. Walter Bishop. Only started Season 2 and it's really getting into it now!

Pretty much my feelings on it. I felt much the same about Valhalla Rising, but that at least had Mikkelsen's primal central performance to drive it. Worth a watch as you say, but don't think I'll be revisiting it any time soon.

I hated Valhalla rising, though there's no denying Mikkelson was great in it. First 20 minutes were great but then it disappeared up it's own arse. Felt like Only God Forgives was like a bit of a middle ground between Valhalla Rising and Drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I haven't got around to watching it yet, but the first series of Swedish crime drama The Bridge has also been added (the original, not the recent Sky remake). Consensus is overwhelmingly positive.

The Bridge is excellent. Well worth a watch if you are after a new series.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement