Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    The subtitle issue has been popping up for the last while. Best thing to do is exit out of the film or show and then just resume playing. The problem started when A Hijacking was added up a few months back and then taking down. From then on I found subtitles could be a little odd. I emailed Netflix about the issue and they replied to say that they were aware if the issue and working to resolve it.

Yeah I just tested the Hunt there and it played without subtitles even when I turned them off and on, but like you said when I exited out of the film altogether and resumed they worked.

Now you mention A Hijacking, I watched it the other night, very good film though I didn't feel it ramped up the tension as much as it could have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just finished watching The Raid there. Heard good things before starting on it. Kind of set up the same way as the most recent Judge Dredd film. Brilliant fight scenes, tense, but also clichéd too. Can't really fault it for that since it was so entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

peteeeed wrote: »

I'd prefer to pay €20 per month for a good selection of films. There's an awful lot of crap on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I'd prefer to pay €20 per month for a good selection of films. There's an awful lot of crap on it.

i have the us on my apple tv and irish on my xbox, i'm happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

peteeeed wrote: »

No point in me upgrading beyond 2 devices as my broadband couldn't manage more than that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

bada_bing wrote: »
    check out the documentary 'Bronies'. it's about the phenomenon of grown men seriously addicted to My Little Pony! it was so bizarre, fascinating and amusing to watch how these men have become addicted to the show.

We have forum on here for My Little Pony:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1604

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have to say I let my parents / flatmate use it and have never had an issue thus far.

Will await more details.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Most of my family use my Netflix account, that's three different houses all using it and I've never had an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Most of my family use my Netflix account, that's three different houses all using it and I've never had an issue.

This isn't the wisest thing to say online in the interests of their market research but if I had to pay an extra euro a month to ensure my parents can access it whenever they want then I would probbaly pay it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »

Same, off the top of my head I have my account on two phones, a tablet, 2 ps3s in the same house, my cousin and dad all use it, never had a problem. Now granted they're not all going to be streaming at once but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Still having no luck with the subtitles, even when I exit out of the film and go back in it doesn't work.

I'm currently on the £8.99 (not sure of the euro equivalent is) option that allows me to stream on up to 4 devices. Decided to move onto this plan since my gf, her two sisters and my sister all wanted to use it. Was afraid that one of her sisters ALWAYS being on it would stop me from using it when I wanted to made my mind up for me. Dont mind paying that small bit extra per month if we all can use it. There is no way I would have done it if there wasn't profiles available. I'm in the UK with the gf and the others are back in Dublin.

Still having no luck with the subtitles, even when I exit out of the film and go back in it doesn't work.
    Is it device specific? Does the same thing happen if you change from your browser to your PS3/tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is it device specific? Does the same thing happen if you change from your browser to your PS3/tablet?

Only tried it on PS3 so far. Don't know whats up with it.

Only tried it on PS3 so far. Don't know whats up with it.

Watched subtitled stuff (Wallander) on my ps3 all day today on US Netflix with no issues at all apart from the terrible plots. I never had to select subtitles either as some have said, always automatically start up. Only thing I noticed at all recently was gaps in subtitling on The Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

2 great documentaries on US Netflix.

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me
    The story of a great band that never made it big. I've been a fan since the mid 80's, but even that was years after they were going.
    Whether a fan or not, this is a great documentary. They may be the best band you never heard of.

The Act Of Killing.
    In 1965 the Indonesian military overthrew the government and used paramilitaries and gangsters to murder alleged communists and dissidents. These people are still in power. The documentary makers get these guys to re-enact what they did. Horrible, but so well made you can't stop watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Big Star were great. Must watch the Doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me
    The story of a great band that never made it big. I've been a fan since the mid 80's, but even that was years after they were going.
    Whether a fan or not, this is a great documentary. They may be the best band you never heard of.

The Act Of Killing.
    In 1965 the Indonesian military overthrew the government and used paramilitaries and gangsters to murder alleged communists and dissidents. These people are still in power. The documentary makers get these guys to re-enact what they did. Horrible, but so well made you can't stop watching.

Didn't realize the Act of killing was there.Cheers for that,fancy a bit of a comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Hey, Can anyone help me out.
    According to this list, Captain Phillips and Blue Jasmine and other stuff should be on US netflix by now but I don't see them. Am i missing something?

http://www.movieinsider.com/netflix/january/2014/

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    Hey, Can anyone help me out.
    According to this list, Captain Phillips and Blue Jasmine and other stuff should be on US netflix by now but I don't see them. Am i missing something?

http://www.movieinsider.com/netflix/january/2014/

I'd be inclined to think those are dvd releases not streaming.

Oh I didn't even know they did that - I thought it was all just streaming.

Over here it is but in the states they do dvd rental by post.

Mentioned it a few times so apologies if you already use it, but www.moreflicks.com is great for showing what titles are streaming on netflix and what region you can watch them on. Also shows crackle and other streaming services too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

The Act Of Killing.

Finally got around to watching it last night. Cheers for the head up man. It's one of the strangest documentaries I've seen in a long time. Wasn't surprised to see Herzogs name as a producer on the end of it.
    Crazy the way the production of their re-enactment went from them messing around in an abandoned toilet to being a feature length big budget movie. With out getting too much into it, one of the aspects I loved about the whole thing was the way they showed the effect the killings had on the various executioners over the years. I had to remind myself a few times that I shouldn't be feeling sorry for some of these guys.They're bloody mass murderers but the documentary captures it wonderfully that eve though they were/are monsters they are still human.
    Great documentary and great find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Interesting that Ireland was the only market to get the €1 price hike! I see the news also hit international media, with a price hike expected to bit other markets sooner rather than later.

Been watching House of Cards lately. Cracking series, Spacey is brilliant in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Cheers for the heads up on The Act of Killing. I've heard a few things about it but had kinda resigned myself to not seeing it. I'll defo check it out now throughout the week

Twin Peaks is on US netflix! Oh good times here I come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Twin Peaks is on US netflix! Oh good times here I come.

It was there since the beginning, first thing I watched, best TV show ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If you don't want the next episode to play after the one you are watching go into settings and disable it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement