Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's coming up for me on the us one on xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Watched Dark Skies on the UK/Ireland one last night. Not very good at all.Its like a very boring version of Poltergeist with aliens and a really unlikable family. There was so much potential to do some unexpected things but it was all just totally wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just finished watching 'The Hunt'.

Quite a decent movie, obviously very difficult subject matter.

Amazing how people only listen to one side of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Watched Transsiberian on the Irish netflix and enjoyed it, pretty good cast in it, never even hear of it before.

Watched it after seeing a recommendation elsewhere and it got great reviews through Rotten Tomatoes.

Script had a few holes you could drive a train through though like
    When they ended up on the empty train without realising it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched it after seeing a recommendation elsewhere and it got great reviews through Rotten Tomatoes.

Script had a few holes you could drive a train through though like
    When they ended up on the empty train without realising it

Yeah noticed that one, and a few others. I didn't rate it at all tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Separate threads for film & TV
    donfers wrote: »
    http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/the-best-films-you-havent-seen-on-netflix

disappointingly I've seen 8 of the 10 best movies on netflix you haven't seen

any other under the radar recommendations folks

That list isn't exactly obscure by any means.

I really enjoyed The Exam as a cleverer-than-average thriller that's also a locked room mystery. Invitation Only is a pretty grisly (but well-made and tense) Chinese horror film, not a million miles away from Hostel but less schlocky. YELLOWBRICKROAD is a fantastic psychological horror about a group of explorers who set out to try and find the source of a mysterious aural phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I see it now, im an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Raising Arizona will be on netflix uk on Feb 16, great movie

The Croods is already up on US Netflix, very quick turnaround from its dvd release just before Christmas. Not a classic, but I didn't mind it and the kids love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Firefly movie 'Serenity' is coming to our local Netflix soon :D

• Advertisement

star wars the clone wars coming to the US and canada netflix march 7th sky have the deal for uk and ireland through their exclusive deal with disney

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

peteeeed wrote: »
    star wars the clone wars coming to the US and canada netflix march 7th sky have the deal for uk and ireland through their exclusive deal with disney

This the animated series or some new thing?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This the animated series or some new thing?

animated but i think the new live action series will be the same , sky have a deal in place for all new Disney output (their own channel)

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/article/1171807/sky-blocks-netflix-lovefilm-again-disney-deal

actually forget that :)

BgXG0lzIUAAifVf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

animated but i think the new live action series will be the same , sky have a deal in place for all new Disney output (their own channel)

http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/article/1171807/sky-blocks-netflix-lovefilm-again-disney-deal
    Netflix's exclusivity deal with Disney begins in 2016, but I'm not sure does that extend outside the US. Netflix is also able to obtain the rights to Disney content, but only after a year it's broadcast on Sky.

peep show, father ted, green wing and the IT crowd and a few other channel 4 shows are about to disappear from netflix uk

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Watched "Right At Your Door" recently; I'd meant to check it out when it was released in cinemas but missed it. Overall I thought it was pretty decent; considering it was released 5 years after the twin towers attack it takes a pretty grounded approach to the core premise - an unspecified group sets off several dirty bombs in downtown LA. In fact, almost the entire film is played out as more of a chamber piece/character drama than the sort of melodramatic & overblown disaster film you'd usually expect.

Unfortunately, the last couple of minutes throws this away in a highly improbable development intended to try and end with a bit of a sting, but even for all that it's mostly a pretty decent film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

House of Cards season 2 is up now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ShaneU wrote: »
    House of Cards season 2 is up now

And what a start to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

peep show, father ted, green wing and the IT crowd and a few other channel 4 shows are about to disappear from netflix uk

They're all still on 4OD aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished Season 1 of The Bridge last night, really brilliant show. Think I'll finished off Spiral before I launch into House of Cards season 2.

Watched Defendor with Woody Harrelson the other night, guy with mental problems tries to be a superhero. Not as crazy as Super and not as unrealistic as Kick Ass, funny in places but the tone is a bit uneven overall. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

flazio wrote: »
    They're all still on 4OD aren't they?

They are.

The reason Channel 4 took them off Neflix was to bring traffic back to 4oD. It had lost a lot of viewers over the last year who were watching Channel 4 shows on Netflix and not on 4oD.

Star Trek: Into Darkness is up on the Canada Netflix! Good watch, but preferred the first one! But Cumberbatch is fantastic in it!

They are.

The reason Channel 4 took them off Neflix was to bring traffic back to 4oD. It had lost a lot of viewers over the last year who were watching Channel 4 shows on Netflix and not on 4oD.

Shame they have gone from Netflix, 4OD advertising breaks are awful. Think I'd rather go looking for other sources than use 4OD unless I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Shame they have gone from Netflix, 4OD advertising breaks are awful. Think I'd rather go looking for other sources than use 4OD unless I had to.

Can't you use Adblock?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My guess is Channel 4 was making more money from that advertising than they were making from Netflix. If people aren't viewing on 4oD then Channel 4 can't charge as much for advertising.

Take took them off Lovefilm in the UK as well.

If they can get more money off Netflix and Lovefilm to cancel the lose in advertising revenue then I can see them reappering on both.

Sky Go has 4OD content, for any Sky subscribers out there. There are still advertisements on the content, but not quite as intrusive as 4OD I found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Oh dear, thats a fairly big blow to Netflix.

Ive been slowly making my way through Ted again. What date are they all coming down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I see the brilliant Oscar winning "The Secret In Their Eyes", is on Irish Netflix, great film made in Argentina, with a holy :eek: wtf ending......

• Advertisement

I see the brilliant Oscar winning "The Secret In Their Eyes", is on Irish Netflix, great film made in Argentina, with a holy :eek: wtf ending......

Wonderful movie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement