Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

For those of you with the US Netflix;

'World's Greatest Dad' - an excellent independent black comedy starring Robin Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

Watched six series of The Shield on Canadian Netflix. Can't find 7th anywhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Corvo wrote: »
    Watched six series of The Shield on Canadian Netflix. Can't find 7th anywhere :(
    Not 100% sure but think the Shield popped up on the Swedish Netflix today, season 7 might be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

brazil/mexican netflix has it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It seems as though a good few people tend to stop in the middle of the 5/6th seasons for some reason, I know I did and took me a year to go back to it....even though I was really enjoying it. Maybe it was all a bit too much too fast for me. Brilliant series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sam Mac wrote: »
    For those of you with the US Netflix;

'World's Greatest Dad' - an excellent independent black comedy starring Robin Williams.

+1 for this - watched it myself on Saturday, excellent movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Separate threads for film & TV
    It seems as though a good few people tend to stop in the middle of the 5/6th seasons for some reason, I know I did and took me a year to go back to it....even though I was really enjoying it. Maybe it was all a bit too much too fast for me. Brilliant series.

Exactly what I did . Thanks for the reminder , have to watch the last 2 seasons now !

probably because it goes way off the walls around then. I thought it got too far-fetched

EyeSight wrote: »
    brazil/mexican netflix has it

Got it. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I watched Dirty War and the the new Red Dawn back to back over the weekend.

It was a weird coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is despicable me on netflix? Nearly sure i saw it on canadian or us on before but wasnt there last night when i looked

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

deisedude wrote: »
    Is despicable me on netflix? Nearly sure i saw it on canadian or us on before but wasnt there last night when i looked

I think it's just in the Canadian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like a deal was reached with Channel 4 most if not all Channel 4 shows back on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watched Starbuck on the Irish site last night. It was recently remade as the Vince Vaughan comedy Delivery man, guy finds out he has over 500 children as a result of sperm donations he made in the past. It was enjoyable enough, funny in places although it lays on the schmaltz a bit too thick towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Biffoland

Hi guys just wondering do Netflix care if you just switch from one countries version of Netflix to another on a regular basis (maybe a few times a day). I know its against their terms of service to use a VPN. Ever hear of them giving anyone hassle for this?

Biffoland wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering do Netflix care if you just switch from one countries version of Netflix to another on a regular basis (maybe a few times a day). I know its against their terms of service to use a VPN. Ever hear of them giving anyone hassle for this?

it's technically not allowed but i don't think they care because they could easily ban people who did it. I think they just include it in the T&C to please liscence owners.
    A few weeks back i noticed i had to log in each time i "switched country"

I remember a friend used to share a rapidshare account with her boyfriend in the UK. They saw that someone logged into the account within 1 hour in 2 different countries and suspended the account, giving her a warning that if it happened again she would be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Anybody having any difficulty getting onto Netflix through a PS3 or PS4 over the past week or so? Pretty much 90% of the time it won't connect for me the past week.

Have tested the internet connection on the consoles, disconnected and restarted the wifi at home and deleted and reinstalled the Netflix app and I still consistently get "unable to connect to Netflix" or something similiar. Awful frustrating as it used to work fine and nothing has been changed recently. It's just stopped working for some reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anybody having any difficulty getting onto Netflix through a PS3 or PS4 over the past week or so? Pretty much 90% of the time it won't connect for me the past week.

Have tested the internet connection on the consoles, disconnected and restarted the wifi at home and deleted and reinstalled the Netflix app and I still consistently get "unable to connect to Netflix" or something similiar. Awful frustrating as it used to work fine and nothing has been changed recently. It's just stopped working for some reason.

I've having the same problem on my XboxOne I just keep trying and it opens eventually. Very frustrating tho!

Same problem with the Xbox 360. Driving me insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

does anyone else have faint white vertical lines through some movies/tv shows? they are at the sides of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I know this is the recommendations thread but for the life of me I can't get Netflix working in Chrome, it keeps giving a Silverlight error.

Works fine in FF but would rather have it in Chrome. I've tried reinstall etc but it's still the same. It did start working for a day or two last week but went again, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I'm having the same problem watching through my Nintendo Wii. It's fine on iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm had given up trying to gain access with other devices, the only device i could get the US library on was with the Wii with numbers I entered ages ago. Tonight I couldn't gain access. After looking at this thread makes me think that Netflix are clamping down.

Don't think I'll be renewing my sub with just the Irish library at my disposal. I have no interest in using a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm not having any problem.......yet anyway on my ps3, or wiis with the switchable regions. Maybe it's the service you are with? That or I have just been lucky and a block is on the way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can only imagine a block is on the way for all of us trying to change regions, it reminds me of the good old days of getting text message centre numbers to enable free texts. It didn't take long for them to be shut down tho haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Loughc wrote: »
    I can only imagine a block is on the way for all of us trying to change regions, it reminds me of the good old days of getting text message centre numbers to enable free texts. It didn't take long for them to be shut down tho haha!
    Are netflix coming under pressure to ensure that people are not using ways around their region blocks?

Maybe I'm being naive but you'd think that they'd know that they are going to lose a large amount of customers if they enforced it more rigidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I found netflix fixer to be of some help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Are netflix coming under pressure to ensure that people are not using ways around their region blocks?

Maybe I'm being naive but you'd think that they'd know that they are going to lose a large amount of customers if they enforced it more rigidly.

Read an article there recently that said that Netflix are obviously aware that people are using Netflix from different countries but they had no plans to crack down on it. Bar placing a warning about regulations in their contract.

Apparently they are much more concerned about subscibers sharing accounts with others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Read an article there recently that said that Netflix are obviously aware that people are using Netflix from different countries but they had no plans to crack down on it. Bar placing a warning about regulations in their contract.

Apparently they are much more concerned about subscibers sharing accounts with others.

It would make sense that they do the minimum they are legally obliged to do. They're not losing revenue by doing so. But the multi-use of accounts is a whole different ball game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm had given up trying to gain access with other devices, the only device i could get the US library on was with the Wii with numbers I entered ages ago. Tonight I couldn't gain access. After looking at this thread makes me think that Netflix are clamping down.

Don't think I'll be renewing my sub with just the Irish library at my disposal. I have no interest in using a laptop.

I've no issues accessing the US store on PS3 or iPad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement