Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Finally got into watching House of Cards. Two episodes of season one so far. Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched Scott Pilgrim vs the world. Very disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    deisedude wrote: »

i loved it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I see Homeland season 1 & 2 and American Horror Story season 1 & 2 will be added to the Irish site tomorrow.

Looks like all seasons of South Park are gone off the US and Irish netflix.

Any good sites that shows recently expired titles? I think instantwatcher only shows stuff that are due to expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I see Homeland season 1 & 2 and American Horror Story season 1 & 2 will be added to the Irish site tomorrow.

I'd advise that people watch the 2nd series of American Horror Story before the 1st. Far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Where did you see this?

EDIT: NVM, saw it is on twitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'd advise that people watch the 2nd series of American Horror Story before the 1st. Far superior.
    Is it? I watched the first series, it started well and the remainder of the series really put me off watching it again. I must give it a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

deisedude wrote: »

Decent film I thought. What country's Netflix is it on?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvaBigWun wrote: »

Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

krudler wrote: »
    there's way, way, way too many discovery channel and history channel shows on the recent selection on the US one, and 99% of them are complete rubbish. giant this, something something wars, did aliens make the titanic? sigh, anyone remember when those channels were good?

lol before my time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

IvaBigWun wrote: »

Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is it? I watched the first series, it started well and the remainder of the series really put me off watching it again. I must give it a go.

It really is, far better. I was surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Can anyone reccommend any films similar to Das Boot on netflix?

Also is The Pacific on any countries NF? I know its HBO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BKWDR wrote: »

there's an Israeli film called 'Lebanon' that almost takes place entirely inside a tank and what they can view from the tank, excellent film

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lebanon-2010/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

BKWDR wrote: »

Downfall about the final hours of the Reich if you haven't seen it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

If only Netflix had The Simpsons....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Returned is on Irish/UK Netfilx. They had the film that the TV show was based on but they appear to have the TV series now too.

French show about a small mountain town where people suddenly start coming back from the dead. It's been billed as a "zombie" show but it's not really, or not in the way you usually thing of zombies.... no brain eating or any of that. Very atmospheric, beautifully shot, some might find it a bit slow but I thought it was perfectly paced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

First two seasons of Homeland were added to Irish netflix. Great series if you liked 24 and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

^ I've seen three episodes so far and can highly recommend it. Extremely well thought out and very good marathon fodder. Terrific cast.

The new TV version of From Dusk Till Dawn should be good, based on the first episode. It's being released on Netflix episode-by-episode within 24 hours of airing on Robert Rodriguez's new channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If it had the first 9-10 seasons before it went downhill it'd be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Seinfeld too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Anyone else having trouble accessing the US netflix for the last couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

Anyone else having trouble accessing the US netflix for the last couple of days?

Yeah, having a problem myself. Having looked around for a fix it seems to be a problem for a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If anyone is visiting Argentina or Colombia your Netflix will work there now as well.

The Butler is now in Colombia.

If anyone is visiting Argentina or Colombia your Netflix will work there now as well.

The Butler is now in Colombia.

Is there any sites that show what is in the catalogue of each region?

Is there any sites that show what is in the catalogue of each region?

This blog is handy: http://netflixswedencompletelist.blogspot.com/

Just click on the flag for each region.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

This blog is handy: http://netflixswedencompletelist.blogspot.com/

Just click on the flag for each region.

Don't seem to be able to access the site any more. Is it down for every one else?

Don't seem to be able to access the site any more. Is it down for every one else?

That blog or Netflix itself? The blog seemed to be grand when I posted the link, not been on Netflix in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

That blog is excellent Mickeroo thanks, re Netflix working or not, all working here for me on all my different gizmos. As is the blog.

Notice on the Ireland and UK blog that he has travelled forward in time to 2020 which is exciting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement