Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Just noticed that Inequality For All is on the US Netflix. Very entertaining and informative documentary, really enjoyed it at JDIFF.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Panic Room in HD now available. Hopefully means the long awaited Blu-ray is forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Don't seem to be able to access the site any more. Is it down for every one else?

Its fine, watched it last night and just checked it now (on mac with HDMI into TV), no problems on the US and Swedish ones that I just checked .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

e_e wrote: »
    Seinfeld too.

Would be great, but its the most profitable sitcom in re runs and dvd sales ever (3 billion so far) so they don't need Netflix, same goes for Simpsons I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Returned is on Irish/UK Netfilx. They had the film that the TV show was based on but they appear to have the TV series now too.

French show about a small mountain town where people suddenly start coming back from the dead. It's been billed as a "zombie" show but it's not really, or not in the way you usually thing of zombies.... no brain eating or any of that. Very atmospheric, beautifully shot, some might find it a bit slow but I thought it was perfectly paced.

I loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just watched The Lifeguard starring Sam Elliot. I loved it! The Seventies at its best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That blog or Netflix itself? The blog seemed to be grand when I posted the link, not been on Netflix in a few days.
    The blog.It's weird keep getting
    The requested URL could not be retrieved
    every time I try and access it. Tried from different browsers but no joy.
    edit.turned of media hint after reading around and it turns out it's a google thing blocking certain proxies.Can get on fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Hooray! Netflix just added The Avengers to its playlist, haven't seen it since its release :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

My Netflix hasn't been working all day...just says "Whoops" and gives a URL to "Streamhelp.tv"...so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Doctor Who season six is now on...

... and (this just in!) so are seasons one and two of Sherlock! Great opportunity for those who haven't seen it to find out what all the fuss is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Don't know if this has been posted before but "The Mark of Cain" on US Netflix is very good.

Its about a few dopey youngsters that do a tour of duty in Iraq and end up committing some warcrimes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

6 seasons of Star Wars Clone Wars on US Netflix! Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

jaxdasher wrote: »
    6 seasons of Star Wars Clone Wars on US Netflix! Wood.

Never watched them the first time around, but read an article a while back about
    Darth Maul returning to it as a mad cyborg
    so that peaked my interest to start watching it. From the few episodes I've watched it looks very promising and the animation style is gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Anyone know how my €7 p/m to Netflix is distributed?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Never watched them the first time around, but read an article a while back about
    Darth Maul returning to it as a mad cyborg
    so that peaked my interest to start watching it. From the few episodes I've watched it looks very promising and the animation style is gorgeous

The animation is something else. I can't believe it's quality for a TV series. The movie is up to. It's a prequel to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Great Gatsby is in Sweden in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

if anyone is looking for a quirky danish tv show about a rogue primary school teacher, rita season 1 is on irish netflix and id definitely recommend it! The entire cast are insanely hot if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Watched 'Hitlers Children' on US Netflix the other night, after i finished Downfall (class) and thought it was a good insight and a bit shocking in places. Worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 seasons of TV show Grimm added to Irish Netflix. If you like Supernatural then Grimm is very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Watched a great documentary last night called Chasing Madoff which I quite enjoyed.

Follows the story of several early whistle-blowers of the $50b Bernie Madoff scam, who were ignored by the SEC and had stories squashed in the press by media publishers.

Quite stylish doc, although probably went into a bit to much personal detail of the main whistle-blowers personal life. He is a larger than life character and has a great turn of phrase. The scam itself is just mindbogglingly and the beginning of the doc has a confusing style to it which I think is supposed to represent the bewilderment of the interviewees.

Worth a look. Must read more about Bernie Madoff, it's a crazy story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

vidor wrote: »
    Anyone know how my €7 p/m to Netflix is distributed?

pays the elves who live in the netflix server downloading all the movies off torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If anyone likes docs (proper documentaries not that discovery crap) then I recommend anything by Alex Gibney. He has about nine docs on Netflix all of them excellent, not sure if Mea Maxima Culpa is on it though, which is about the cover up of child abuse by the Vatican and which was the real reason the former pope resigned.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If anyone likes docs (proper documentaries not that discovery crap) then I recommend anything by Alex Gibney. He has about nine docs on Netflix all of them excellent, not sure if Mea Maxima Culpa is on it though, which is about the cover up of child abuse by the Vatican and which was the real reason the former pope resigned.

I'm nearly certain I've seen it on there, not sure which region though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's on the Irish one.

Mud is now up on the US Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Mud is now up on the US Netflix

It comes up as "unavailable to stream" on US Netflix :mad:

It comes up as "unavailable to stream" on US Netflix :mad:

Worked fine for me watched it this evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seriously everyone, enough with the regional workaround discussion. It's one of the few rules we have to enforce on the film forum, and it's also completely ruining the thread for those who are coming in actually looking for recommendations (which after all is its first and only purpose). We don't want to have to hand out warnings and infractions, and we haven't thus far, but really if people keep ignoring the multiple on-thread warnings about this - and the thread is littered with hundreds of posts we've had to delete - we might have to.

Now please back to the recommendations.

Dead Man Down from the WWE Studios staring Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace and Terrence Howard up on the Irish one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Dead Man Down from the WWE Studios staring Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace and Terrence Howard up on the Irish one.

Saw this a while ago, it is pretty good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement