Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

ryan101 wrote: »
    Is there a good website for recommendations/reviews/popularity on the Irish / UK netflix ?

I enjoyed The Killing and House of Cards, any other good series like that on Irish netflix ?

If you like the Killing you will love The Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Just started watching Vikings on Brazilian netflix. Wolf of Wall St has just been added too

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭strawdog

+1 for Top Secret! The only way it's aged for me is that it's actually very funny despite being ridiculous whereas the current crop of spoofs are cringingly unfunny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Any of the science fiction serials on there any good ?
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Farscape and Battlstar Galactica are great.

Also recommend Spiral and The Bridge, two decent crime series.

I've gotten in to Farscape too. Never watched it when it first came out. Great show.

BSG is awesome too. Half tempted to rewatch (again). Is it in HD? I watched it first two times on a 13" laptop screen :o

+1 to The Bridge too. Only watched the first episode but it's pretty good so far. The subtitles were a bit odd to get used to (seems weirder in a TV show rather than a movie), there's some random side stories going on and it started out the first half hour quite stiff/wooden/slow but kicks into gear eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Separate threads for film & TV
    If you're looking for good sci-fi you can't go wrong with Firefly.

Takes a few episodes to get going but once it does the rest pass quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Earthhorse wrote: »
    If you're looking for good sci-fi you can't go wrong with Firefly.

Takes a few episodes to get going but once it does the rest pass quickly.

Far too quickly :-( .
    Also first season of fallen skies was on one of the nordic netflixs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

titan18 wrote: »
    Wasn't it only increased from 6.99 to 7.99 recently though, bit odd to up it again by another euro so quickly.

F#cking hell!

They really need to watch themselves with these increases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

What's the following series like ?

- the 4400
    - the Fringe
    - Suits
    - Alphas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

- the 4400
    - the Fringe
    - Suits
    - Alphas

This is the film forum.

This is the film forum.

Opps sorry lads, so it is, I clicked through from somewhere else when I seen the Netflix. Anywhere else I can ask that ?

I actually prefer films but I find on Netflix the series are better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Opps sorry lads, so it is, I clicked through from somewhere else when I seen the Netflix. Anywhere else I can ask that ?

I actually prefer films but I find on Netflix the series are better.

Best thing to do is watch a couple of episodes from each show to see if it's to your liking.

Best thing to do is watch a couple of episodes from each show to see if it's to your liking.

Hmm, bit hit and miss, like watching 15 mins of a film to see if it's any good, problem with that is you end up wondering will it get better or worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

- the 4400
    - the Fringe
    - Suits
    - Alphas

I had high expectations for suits but it turned out like the legal version of CSI in that you have a mystery of the week every episode, which low and behold they solve every week. Thought it was poor

Yea i do that. You can tell if they are going to be good or bad. Hannibal started off good but turned out bad and hence i avoided it

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Quote: ryan101

- the 4400
    - the Fringe
    - Suits
    - Alphas

I'm watching 24 at the moment.... Quite good but can't say I've really gotten into it. Would recommend underbelly and damages

cordni wrote: »
    Quote: ryan101

- the 4400
    - the Fringe
    - Suits
    - Alphas

I'm watching 24 at the moment.... Quite good but can't say I've really gotten into it. Would recommend underbelly and damages

Did not like underbelly. It was like a gangster meets home and away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Hope this isn't against the charter, couldn't think of anywhere else to ask it.

Keep having problems with audio syncing when watching Netflix in other regions via Hola. Works fine at first then goes out of sync after 5 or 10 mins without fail. Reload and it's fine again... for another 5 or 10 minutes. Anyone else experienced this?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Hope this isn't against the charter, couldn't think of anywhere else to ask it.

Keep having problems with audio syncing when watching Netflix in other regions via Hola. Works fine at first then goes out of sync after 5 or 10 mins without fail. Reload and it's fine again... for another 5 or 10 minutes. Anyone else experienced this?

I had a problem wherein the sound when it came to the end of the tv show would be out of sync with the visual side of things.

Seems to have stopped now though. Do you change tabs when watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Watching The Rock. I'd forgotten how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Watching The Rock. I'd forgotten how good it is.

Bay's best movie by far, total blast

• Advertisement

Bit of an update on the US Netflix in the past few days.
    Few of interest:
    Pain and Gain
    Commitment (Korean spy thriller)
    Emperor
    Crave
    Cocaine Cowboys Reloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

For any history buffs there is a great documentary about Auschwitz on Netflix! Also Downfall is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

krudler wrote: »
    Bay's best movie by far, total blast

Ill always like the original Bad Boys myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Watched Office Space for the first time last night, cant believe i never seen it, good flick

orange is the new black is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,939 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Roquentin wrote: »
    Yep, and only a few weeks til season 2 as well..

o-ORANGE-IS-THE-NEW-BLACK-570.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Roquentin wrote: »

Still haven't gotten around to watching it. I think i've convinced myself at this point I won't like it, even though I've only heard good things about it.

Still haven't gotten around to watching it. I think i've convinced myself at this point I won't like it, even though I've only heard good things about it.

I was the same, but was surprised how good it was. Very funny and witty. Worth the watch. Watch out for the character "Crazy Eyes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Just watched Iron Sky the director's cut on the US netflix, being a fan of the original, this was even more over the top than the first one.
    If you saw the first one, this is well worth seeing as there is plenty of new scenes and is much better for the addition of them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I thought it would be rubbish too - last thing I felt like watching was a show set in a women's prison, but it's great, I went through the first season in a couple of weeks, interesting characters - unpredictable, not cliched at all and the main character is likeable, after being a judgement prat as usual and deciding she would annoy me, she didn't and she won me over quite quickly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement