Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

krudler wrote: »
    It was definitely on the US one at one point as I watched a few episodes of it, it hasnt aged well tbh..

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, probably best I don't watch it then.. Wouldn't want to diminish my fond childhood memories of it LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Shield is awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Another +1 for the Shield. Really well paced, nice character development. The last episode still sticks with me and it's years since I saw it.

xalot wrote: »
    Another +1 for the Shield. Really well paced, nice character development. The last episode still sticks with me and it's years since I saw it.

That final episode is made even more emotional if you know the story of what happened to one of the cast members during the sitting of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That final episode is made even more emotional if you know the story of what happened to one of the cast members during the sitting of the series

Go on...... (spoliers for those who havent watch of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yep, +1 for The Shield. Probably in the Top 3 best shows I've ever seen

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Go on...... (spoliers for those who havent watch of course!)
    The wife of Walton Goggins who played Shane filed for divorce and then committed suicide a few days later. Knowing that makes the final moments of Shane's so much more, that Goggins was asked to and pulled off the scene so well is a testament to him as an actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The wife of Walton Goggins who played Shane filed for divorce and then committed suicide a few days later. Knowing that makes the final moments of Shane's so much more, that Goggins was asked to and pulled off the scene so well is a testament to him as an actor.

Christ, never knew that!

Hadn't planned on it but F it, gonna watch it again from the start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

In all regions i have been finding the content to be lacking. I used to love Netflix but they seem more concerned with volume rather than good content. Considering they raised prices, I would have assumed we would get more good stuff, not less

EyeSight wrote: »
    In all regions i have been finding the content to be lacking. I used to love Netflix but they seem more concerned with volume rather than good content. Considering they raised prices, I would have assumed we would get more good stuff, not less

You are probably right but I do like the Canadian Netflix myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

This thread is for Netflix film recommendations and discussion ONLY! Any posts containing technical queries relating to DNS or VPN settings will be deleted. Please do not ask questions or start threads about regional workarounds.

why aren't these threads allowed?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nocoverart wrote: »
    You are probably right but I do like the Canadian Netflix myself.

Speaking of which, season 1 of Brooklyn 99 is up on there now. Only seen an episode or two myself but seems pretty funny.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

Those work-arounds are illegal.

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's a grey area. Circumventing geographical restrictions isn't illegal, it's just frowned upon though puerile like Sean Sherlock would love to make it illegal

Speaking of which, season 1 of Brooklyn 99 is up on there now. Only seen an episode or two myself but seems pretty funny.

I actually never heard of this show before you mentioned it. Just watched two episodes and really enjoyed this. Stupidly good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

don't see how. it's not like you're saving money by doing it. you still pay the same amount.

I doubt Netflix care where you say you are once they're getting your money.

grey area, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

don't see how. it's not like you're saving money by doing it. you still pay the same amount.

I doubt Netflix care where you say you are once they're getting your money.

grey area, indeed.

Odd question!

If you are watching something in Ireland that is only available on Netflix US then it means the whoever bought the licence rights here (TV, DVD or other streaming etc) is losing out.

Fairly obvious I would have thought.

Not saying I don't do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's a grey area. Circumventing geographical restrictions isn't illegal, it's just frowned upon though puerile like Sean Sherlock would love to make it illegal

Netflix themselves don't seem to care, just the busybodies who know sweet fa about how the internet works.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

krudler wrote: »
    Netflix themselves don't seem to care, just the busybodies who know sweet fa about how the internet works.

Or Irish law?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Christ, never knew that!

Hadn't planned on it but F it, gonna watch it again from the start :)

Bit offtopic, but google the lad that plays Julian, hes in serious sh#t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Europa Report (2013) is on Netflix UK/IE now; it has its flaws but I thought it an enjoyable slice of realism-oriented sci-fi and worth a look if you enjoy your stories set in the vast, unforgiving hostility of space. The soundtrack's pretty good too, but then that's Bear McCreary for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Bernie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704573/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Well worth a watch. Great cast, bolstered by continual testimony from real-life characters who witnessed the whole sorry tale unfold and a fascinating - yet essentially tragic - storyline to booth.

When scripts like this land on Matthew McConaughey's desk he must just say to himself - 'A nice few quid for just being me? Sure. Why not??' :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

WHIP IT! wrote: »

When scripts like this land on Matthew McConaughey's desk he must just say to himself - 'A nice few quid for just being me? Sure. Why not??' :D

I maintain that's why people have suddenly been fooled into thinking he's a great actor. He's stopped actually trying to act and is just playing slightly different versions of himself all the time. Skinny Matthew, Stripper Matthew, Mumbling Matthew etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I maintain that's why people have suddenly been fooled into thinking he's a great actor. He's stopped actually trying to act and is just playing slightly different versions of himself all the time. Skinny Matthew, Stripper Matthew, Mumbling Matthew etc. etc.

He is genuinely good in the Lincoln Lawyer and Dallas Buyer's Club though... but he's had it handy for most of his career alright, no doubt about it :D

I think he is actually great actor but I'd love to see him try play someone not from the southern States alright :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He was awesome in Dazed and Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Great in Killer Joe too.

Great in Killer Joe too.

Thanks, you've reminded me I need to watch that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

dallas buyer club as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That was the film that made me think he was either reinventing his career or having a very entertaining nervous breakdown. Which is to say, it's bloody great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement