Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At The Drive-In

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭

Playing Benicassim in July anyway. Website says "First European show" so hopefully there'll be more dates announced!
    Say they're doing it partly for the money so you'd imagine it'd be worth their while to play a good few shows.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder will the do festivals then a proper tour? Since they are a cert for either Sonisphere(with Refused) or Reading and Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I will kill to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'd love to see them! I doubt we'll get them over here though. I think they've only signed up for Coachella besides this, and the Mars Volta will be touring in support of their new album. I think it's just a nostalgia trip. Hell, even Omar said they were partially doing it for the money. Once we get TMV over here though I'll be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd love to see them! I doubt we'll get them over here though. I think they've only signed up for Coachella besides this, and the Mars Volta will be touring in support of their new album. I think it's just a nostalgia trip.

The fact that they've signed up for Benicassim though is a good indication that they're going to play more (European) festivals. If they end up playing Reading/Leeds hopefully they'll stick around for a few days and play at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I would love this gig to happen!!!

I would take a Mars Volta gig as condolence though :p

• Advertisement

honru wrote: »
    The fact that they've signed up for Benicassim though is a good indication that they're going to play more (European) festivals. If they end up playing Reading/Leeds hopefully they'll stick around for a few days and play at EP.

I really do want to believe that, but the fact that they're playing Coachella in April, and haven't announced any other US dates around that makes me doubtful. I'll gladly eat humble pie though and would love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this! :D
    I would love this gig to happen!!!

I would take a Mars Volta gig as condolence though

Hell yeah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I saw them in the Music Centre in 2000....someone needs to stump up the cash and get them over here or to the UK.

UPDATE!
    Announced that they're now playing leeds and reading in the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

London gig at Brixton academy just announced for 28/08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

saw em online at the coachella fastival this year, and his voice sounds way different to ATDI 10 yrs ago. I suppose that happens, but he is not shouting much from the new one I saw, whereas years ago, I thought his voice suited the music more, but I suppose long term, you would do damage...

• Advertisement
Advertisement