Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too good to be true

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Thoie wrote: »
    Generally with distance selling, the contract isn't formed until the goods are paid for. If they've taken the money from your card already, then you're probably good. If they've just sent a confirmation email, but not taken the money, read the small print.

For automated distant selling, it even goes further than this. After taking money, the retailer can cancel the order and refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If only a booking deposit has been taken does this count as acceptance of the offer by the hotel (apart from all the other arguments)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

UPDATE: Got a call from hotel today about my booking :) A lovely lady said there was an issue with their bookings and they had an IT glitch and that they couldnt possible give me the room for that price. I said I understood and said that I booked it just to see what would happen! She said she could offer it to me for 480 euro (which was the price that weekend for their standard room) She thanked me for being so understanding. So there ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

UPDATE: Got a call from hotel today about my booking :) A lovely lady said there was an issue with their bookings and they had an IT glitch and that they couldnt possible give me the room for that price. I said I understood and said that I booked it just to see what would happen! She said she could offer it to me for 480 euro (which was the price that weekend for their standard room) She thanked me for being so understanding. So there ya go

sorry to hear it OP, it was worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just out of curiosity: Did you take up the offer? A good bit more than the rate originally offered but still a massive saving on the normal price :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Actually didn't take up the offer. Looking at a weekend abroad which is working out cheaper

Advertisement