Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone recommend some revision books for French and English?

• 23-02-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm looking for some Revise-Wise style books but there's so many different companies that have released revision books that I'm not sure which are the best.

For French I'm looking for one that has a good section on grammar and some nice vocabulary for the opinion pieces.
    Anyone found a revision book that's particularly helpful?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Dunno about French, my teacher has given us really good notes and phrases so I don't need a revision book. But you can't go wrong with Key Skills and This is Paper 1 for English. They're both class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

New English Key Notes for Paper 2 is all you need.

No idea about the French though, I just use the main book we have along with one for the oral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Revise Wise for French, whether it's Honours or Pass...they have great vocabulary etc.
    I have Less Stress More Success for Englisha nd it's good but check it has whichever novels you're doing beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 UC

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. :)
    I'm pretty sorted for Paper 1 English but I'll definitely check out the Paper 2 Revision book.

Advertisement