Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever fired a gun?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

Fired off a few rounds from the FN on the Carnagh range during my FCA days. If I recall I managed to get a black eye from the sight recoiling into my face on the first shot despite the warning. I still remember the soothing words of the PDF Corporal as he looked at me. "There's always one p***k every year"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Foghladh wrote: »
    Fired off a few rounds from the FN on the Carnagh range during my FCA days. If I recall I managed to get a black eye from the sight recoiling into my face on the first shot despite the warning. I still remember the soothing words of the PDF Corporal as he looked at me. "There's always one p***k every year"

Normally you lot become officers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Fired a rifle when I was young enough, 10+ years ago, can't really remember much tbh, for some reason it didn't feel like I was shooting a "real" gun..most recently had 10 shots of a handgun (.44 I think?) at a shooting range in Thailand a couple of years ago, good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Glock 9mm
    M4 Carbine
    Sig Sauer SWAT rifle

Tried these out at Manchester Firing Line range in New Hampshire, USA last year.

Was fairly intense for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Have heard a lot of stories about Cambodia, for around $250 USD you can fire a bazooka at a live cow...not something I'd be into but good to know the options there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Foghladh wrote: »

I guess I was that pr*ck too. Although I never got a black eye, but I got a cut on upper eye though. Kind've felt embarrassed by it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

only in controlled environment ;)

Advertisement