Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBFM Lunchtime News - Not!

Options
  • 23-02-2012 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

What's the Jackanory? I used to hear yer wan in Sandy Road reading the news from the Irish Times and then the Death Notices from Galway (imaginary morbid tone) - Now when I come out of the job and turn on the radio, there is no news - Its not right I tell you its not! So when exactly is the lunch time news?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

They announced a new schedule in the last week or two, which interestingly hasn't been updated on their website.

I'll try and explain it as best I can remember (I heard it once and wasn't paying much attention):
    Breakfast is 6.30 - 9.
    KF is on from 9-11.30.
    Keith Richards is on from 11.30 -1.30
    1.30-2 news
    2-5.30 can't remember
    evening news 5.30-6
    after 6 can't remember

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

antoobrien wrote: »
    after 6 can't remember

After 6 the entire station is "RepOOOOsiiiing" like that stupid woman says. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Programme schedule is on the homepage, doesn't mention lunch news though.
    http://www.galwaybayfm.ie

biko wrote: »
    Programme schedule is on the homepage, doesn't mention lunch news though.
    http://www.galwaybayfm.ie

Unless i'm seeing a cached version that isn't up to date.

(I'm seeing KF at 10, which is not the new schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

antoobrien wrote: »
    They announced a new schedule in the last week or two, which interestingly hasn't been updated on their website.

I'll try and explain it as best I can remember (I heard it once and wasn't paying much attention):
    Breakfast is 6.30 - 9.
    KF is on from 9-11.30.
    Keith Richards is on from 11.30 -1.30
    1.30-2 news
    2-5.30 can't remember
    evening news 5.30-6
    after 6 can't remember

The annoying lad that used to keep telling you to turn on your lights is gone from the mornings to the 2-5.30 slot

• Advertisement

The annoying lad that used to keep telling you to turn on your lights is gone from the mornings to the 2-5.30 slot

jimmy norman!

One morning a few years back the weather forecast was entertainingly brief:

It's muck, ring the boss and tell him you're not coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Gave up on that station an awful long time ago...., fecking Barry White or 'Copa Cabana' and Sophie B Hawkins 'Right beside you' playing every time I tuned:rolleyes:

Got sick of those two muppets in the morning slaggin' and putting on accents.

Not much choice on the other stations either, Ian Dempsey on Today FM, you're a Dub, drop the American accent, Hector on 2fm; your buzz is too early in the morning for a me. i102, gluck; ye are not funny and your player list is played to death.

Got myself a good data plan on my phone and a car stereo with bluetooth and have Dublin's Phantom FM streaming wireless out my car speakers. Decent tunes and the sound of Michelle Doherty's voice every morning is pure sexy, love traffic now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

scholar007 wrote: »
    What's the Jackanory? I used to hear yer wan in Sandy Road reading the news from the Irish Times and then the Death Notices from Galway (imaginary morbid tone) - Now when I come out of the job and turn on the radio, there is no news - Its not right I tell you its not! So when exactly is the lunch time news?

Ha, ha ... I love the way they say 'according to the Irish Times' for about every second story. As in, they couldn't be arsed to make a call and find out themselves.

"According to the Irish Times, there was a fire next door to our office this morning .... " etc, etc.

Advertisement