Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs barking / howling

• 23-02-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I work in Ballybane industrial estate, every day I listen to dogs barking and howling outside.. I think they must be used as guard dogs but it sounds as if they are being neglected or mistreated.. it's starting to get to me listen to them.. I have sent an email to gspca but have gotten no reply.. office doesn't have windows and its at the back of our building so I cant see exactly who's responsible.. hate to hear them howling so much.. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it the guard dogs here?

Go outside and see if you can locate the dogs and then speak to the company/owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fac

its closer to here. Even if I could pinpoint exactly where they're coming from would like to know more about what can be done before I approach them..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Dog pound is there .

you beat me to it, I drove around there a while ago and seen it.. its all locked up.. only staffed 2 hours a day, no wonder they're howling..

was just reading this topic - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055554565 - hope things have improved in that place since then but doesn't look like it.. theres no website for it and no way of seeing how many and what kind of dogs are kept in it.. from previous topic it says 60% of the dogs were put down in 2009, wonder what the rates are now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

During 2010 Galway City & County killed 182 dogs which is 38% of the total taken in.

Advertisement