Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Phone

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Q: Is your network provided obliged to unlock your phone after having it for so long. I understood that they are. Does know the criteria for this. Had a phone contract for 2 years transfer in december to new new network and I want to get the old phone unlocked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, all networks will unlock the phone after a set time if you've fulfilled the terms of the contract. It'll be in the T&C for your provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

biko wrote: »
    Well, all networks will unlock the phone after a set time if you've fulfilled the terms of the contract. It'll be in the T&C for your provider.

Yep just onto O2 very easy used the online chat room. email imei number and they will text me the unlocking code within 3-5 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 william_munny

I am testing out a new Android phone security (openvpn, tor, etc) and ROM upgrade which totally rocks so far. Unlocking
    isn't very difficult at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

So do I just phone up the provider and they will give me an unlock code or do I have to pay them for this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

johneire31 wrote: »
    So do I just phone up the provider and they will give me an unlock code or do I have to pay them for this

If you are at the end of your contract, or if payg have paid €150 in total, you can ask your provider for the unlock code. They usually give it promptly and its free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement