Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelink 33N from Swords to Balbriggan

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has gotten on the 33N nitelink from Swords to Balbriggan. I have been looking it up on CIE and it says it has a pick up point opposite the Garda Station in Swords.

It leaves city centre at 2am so just wondering what time it would get to Swords at - would I be safe in saying 2.30am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The unfortunate answer is.... sometimes.

I would say 75% of the time, it goes throught the airport (wtf? I never get this) to the top of Swords main st and stops at the stop opposite Penneys.

However, some of the drivers just keep going down the M1 and don't stop in Swords.

I get the Nitelink once a week usually and most weeks it does, but other times, like last Friday, it doesn't.

If you do decide to risk it, keep taxi money on you in case of the worst. Also you would need to be there at 2.15am - it flies out from town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 2littlegirls

Thanks for this, got a taxi in the end!

Good to know it doesn't always come through Swords although thats a bit of a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Have you ever mentioned this to dublin bus? Im sure if people complained and asked for the route to be clarified they would ensure the bus always go through swords. They will lose money if they arent consistent. What does it say on the real time passenger info if it isnt coming to swords?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

liffeylite wrote: »
    Have you ever mentioned this to dublin bus? Im sure if people complained and asked for the route to be clarified they would ensure the bus always go through swords. They will lose money if they arent consistent. What does it say on the real time passenger info if it isnt coming to swords?:cool:

I don't know what it says on the real time thing but I complained to Dublin Bus about this 5 years ago. Their official stance is that it DOES go through Swords - however it seems the drivers don't always go with this. A lot of my friends live in swords and it's a case where they can't get the nitelink with me because it might not stop there - leaving me on it all on my lonesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The real time would have displayed it as serving the stop - unfortunately no computer in the world can read a driver's brain and anticipate that he is going to go the wrong way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement