Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been working for my current employer for a number of years, over the last few years, I have had trouble with my manager.he seems to enjoy picking on me, treating me differently, picking the slightest thing to bring up about my work or my performance at work. He has brought me into at least two disclipinary hearings over the last 2 years. It seems to be that his aim is to try to get me sacked.

The latest is that he is now moving me away from my small team, to sit right beside him, another manager and the human resources department. I feel isolated, alone and now dread coming to work every day.

I feel on edge all the time and my health has taken a downturn over recent months from this whole situation.

I really don't know what to do, what I can do and how to make my situation better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,516 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Something must have been said at the disciplinary hearings to give a clue as to why he was acting in this way. It doesn't on the face of it sound as though he is just being difficult. Moving you away from your team might suggest that he considers you are a talker or a disturbing influence - have either of these been raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

looksee wrote: »
    Something must have been said at the disciplinary hearings to give a clue as to why he was acting in this way. It doesn't on the face of it sound as though he is just being difficult. Moving you away from your team might suggest that he considers you are a talker or a disturbing influence - have either of these been raised?

One of the things he mentioned was that my internet use was high, I have tried to limit myself on that as I have been in the job some time so boredom was setting in.. but right now, I feel like they want to push me out, make me feel as uncomfortable as possible. I have to walk around the office if I need to talk to my colleagues about work stuff and talk about tasks and what not.

He doesn't seem to like me, when he told me that he was moving me, he kept saying it was so that he could talk to me easier but yet I am away from my team and feel completely on the edge and pushed out.

Horrible situation. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

Sadness wrote: »
    I have been working for my current employer for a number of years, over the last few years, I have had trouble with my manager.he seems to enjoy picking on me, treating me differently, picking the slightest thing to bring up about my work or my performance at work. He has brought me into at least two disclipinary hearings over the last 2 years. It seems to be that his aim is to try to get me sacked.

The latest is that he is now moving me away from my small team, to sit right beside him, another manager and the human resources department. I feel isolated, alone and now dread coming to work every day.

I feel on edge all the time and my health has taken a downturn over recent months from this whole situation.

I really don't know what to do, what I can do and how to make my situation better.

This sounds like experience i had in my last job down to a T!
    would you not look for a new job out there? i know its hard to find a job now a days but if ya can find something atleast you'll be out of there and you can laugh it off! what was disciplinarys for??
    if they ever said something offense to you, such as calling names you should quote is back saying "i dont see calling me ___ will get us anywhere" or something on that lines!
    but sadly most of these people are too smart and sale within the lines and dont for a moment step outside it far enough to be brought up on it.
    might be worthwhile saying it too him? i did it once and was best thing i ever done in my life! they where nice anytime afterwards and we get along great now :)
    maybe asking to move back to where you were cause you feel abit "out of place" or saying "i know your not watching what im doing but i find it hard working infront of you im a bit weird like that" dunno if thats any help to you.
    do something tho, dont sit and take it or you'll be sorry someday! i know ive being!
    hope this helps? :)
    good luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,516 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sadness wrote: »
    One of the things he mentioned was that my internet use was high, I have tried to limit myself on that as I have been in the job some time so boredom was setting in.. but right now, I feel like they want to push me out, make me feel as uncomfortable as possible. I have to walk around the office if I need to talk to my colleagues about work stuff and talk about tasks and what not.

He doesn't seem to like me, when he told me that he was moving me, he kept saying it was so that he could talk to me easier but yet I am away from my team and feel completely on the edge and pushed out.

Horrible situation. :(

Maybe your boredom is showing? You posted your first post in the middle of the working morning, were you at work? What were you supposed to be doing? Are you being honest with yourself? Maybe you would be happier working in an environment where you would move around more and interact with people - I have no idea what your skills are but is there anything that would allow you to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

looksee wrote: »
    Maybe your boredom is showing? You posted your first post in the middle of the working morning, were you at work? What were you supposed to be doing? Are you being honest with yourself? Maybe you would be happier working in an environment where you would move around more and interact with people - I have no idea what your skills are but is there anything that would allow you to do that

Seeing as you asked, I was on a break actually. I wrote it in notepad and copied and pasted it into this thread and left the website.

I am not doing anything that noone else is doing. I see people all day long in work on facebook/youtube and god knows what else.

I have a meeting planned with the head of my department and will pass on that I am not happy with the situation and being so far away from my team and that I am uncomfortable in where they have me sitting.

There will be opportunities opening up in a few months in other departments so I am hoping I can move there and get a new challenge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement