Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

larchill wrote: »
    I have one of these boxes. It has two tuners: a DTT, & a Satellite tuner. One is supposed to be able to record DTT (eg RTE 1 on Saorview) & watch on Satellite

I think I may have posted on this before - but I started taping RTE2 last night, then I hit the channel back button and it went back to let me watch RTE1. Half an hour later, I went back to RTE2 and hit the stop button, I got the dialog asking was I sure I wanted to stop recording, to which I said yes. Upon checking, RTE2 was definitely recorded for the entire time. So it seems you can watch one saorview while recording another!! Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

kelbal wrote: »
    I think I may have posted on this before - but I started taping RTE2 last night, then I hit the channel back button and it went back to let me watch RTE1. Half an hour later, I went back to RTE2 and hit the stop button, I got the dialog asking was I sure I wanted to stop recording, to which I said yes. Upon checking, RTE2 was definitely recorded for the entire time. So it seems you can watch one saorview while recording another!! Give it a go.

yeah it will you can record and watch another channel on the same mux, all the channels are on the same mux at the moment but when rte one goes hd next year the channels will be split into 2 different mux's so when that happens on this receiver you will only be able to view a channel on same mux you are recording on (you would need a receiver with twin tuner to view any of the channels)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ballybarney

Hi guys I have a triax 114 combo box,now the problem I have is low sound it only goes up to 30 max volume and when I increase the volume on tv set it makes a buzzing sound any ideas please?

Hi guys I have a triax 114 combo box,now the problem I have is low sound it only goes up to 30 max volume and when I increase the volume on tv set it makes a buzzing sound any ideas please?

That never happens with mine. are you using a scart or hdmi? I presume you tried different scart/hdmi if not do, maybe try it on another tv too and see if it still happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Definetly sounds like its connected via scart are you sure you have turned up the volume on the triax box itself using the volume keys on the triax remote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ballybarney

Hi guys thanks for your reply I am using a scart lead and the volume is up at max I checked the connection it seems fine, I will monitor it and see how it goes cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OisinDunne

Has anyone had issues with the timed recording lately? Was working fine for a few months nut since early Sep, the machine powers on at the correct time but doesn't start recording. When I deleted the timed event and tried re-adding it, I got an error saying that event already existed....any ideas anyone?

OisinDunne wrote: »
    Has anyone had issues with the timed recording lately? Was working fine for a few months nut since early Sep, the machine powers on at the correct time but doesn't start recording. When I deleted the timed event and tried re-adding it, I got an error saying that event already existed....any ideas anyone?

There is a software update released in Jan that fixes this.
    You can get it here
    http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

however make a backup of your channel list first or if you need one I can email it to you as you will lose them all once you update.

I did that update cos it fixed the time slipping and it was all working fine until about a month ago but this seems to be a new problem. I thought that it was timer related so I turned off auto timer...that didn't work as once the machine went into standby, the time stopped. Just a number of different issues with this machine in the last few weeks that are slightly annoying....and discouraging me from getting another one

what software revision have you under information...it should be a jan 2013 date listed if it isnt then your not on the latest revision. There was broadcast problems on Saorview transmissions last week off woodcock hill so no doubt it was evident in other parts as well....that Rte denied until me and another engineer reported it to triax ,,,,

• Advertisement

Build date is 18/01/2013. F/w version is 1_0_16777216_537986822. It was all working for the last few months but has just started not recording correctly in the last few weeks. I had channel 4 scheduled to record and while it is still in the schedule, once the time is reached, it turns on the box and when I check the timers later, it had moved on to tomorrow but nothing had been recorded.

Strange one alrite....does your box see the hd or usb pen u have inserted?

Yep..If I'm past the scheduled recording time, I can press record manager and see all the previous ones but nothing for the one that it was supposed to have just done. The wife scheduled "Loose Women" today and when see came in just before it started, it turned on and did nothing. It is a 500GB hard drive, usb3 but partitioned into 250gb for recording and 250gb for media files (avi, mp4 etc). I mioght just reload the firmware and rescan all chanels (mess up the sorting that I have but if that works)

Spoke to a colleague today who said he had a similar problem with his drive when there was movies present on the drive. He backed them up to his computer and it worked perfectly....put the movies back on the drive and it refused to record again.....mite definetly be worth a try doing the same...when I get 5mins I will try setting one up myself..

Yep..If I'm past the scheduled recording time, I can press record manager and see all the previous ones but nothing for the one that it was supposed to have just done. The wife scheduled "Loose Women" today and when see came in just before it started, it turned on and did nothing. It is a 500GB hard drive, usb3 but partitioned into 250gb for recording and 250gb for media files (avi, mp4 etc). I mioght just reload the firmware and rescan all chanels (mess up the sorting that I have but if that works)

I'm just wondering why you partitioned your hard drive. you can have all your movies files on the same partition in its own folder and playback the videos on this receiver fine

Read somewhere that the device didn't really like them on the same drive. Easy to partition so that they are always separate.

Read somewhere that the device didn't really like them on the same drive. Easy to partition so that they are always separate.

its not necessary though I can tell you it works just fine for me without partitioning never had any problem related to hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnny welder

Where can i download a channel list for the satellite channels.Mine are all over the place and it would be great if i could arrange them with a download and in proper order in the channel number list,its easy to move the channels but the numbers for the channels will not be in any order.Any ideas???

Where can i download a channel list for the satellite channels.Mine are all over the place and it would be great if i could arrange them with a download and in proper order in the channel number list,its easy to move the channels but the numbers for the channels will not be in any order.Any ideas???

you can download a channel list from tvtrade.ie just click on the download tab. i don't know what channel order they have though haven't used it

http://www.tvtrade.ie/saorview-combo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnny welder

Thanks ,went to tvtrade.ie and got all instructions on how to sort out my channels,got it all sorted and saved to usb stick.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnd114

I have a problem recording multiple programs. I set them up in the timer. The 1st one works fine but it seems the timer never starts for the 2nd so it doesn't record. If you manually turn on the box while it should be recording the second program it starts recording from then on. Has anyone seen this issue? Any solutions? I have the firmware from Jun-12. I did not want to try the new firmware as a friend of mine downloaded it an the box had to be replaced!

Johnd114 wrote: »
    I have a problem recording multiple programs. I set them up in the timer. The 1st one works fine but it seems the timer never starts for the 2nd so it doesn't record. If you manually turn on the box while it should be recording the second program it starts recording from then on. Has anyone seen this issue? Any solutions? I have the firmware from Jun-12. I did not want to try the new firmware as a friend of mine downloaded it an the box had to be replaced!

did the second show start when the first one finished? because i found sometimes that when lets say i rec something from 8pm-9pm and then something on another channel at 9pm-10m I find that it wouldn't record the second program.

the official TSC114 software is here (feb 2013). That might help because the previous version had alot of issues with recording http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Johnd114 wrote: »
    I did not want to try the new firmware as a friend of mine downloaded it an the box had to be replaced!

the box will only be "bricked" if you unplug the memory key before the firmware update is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Johnd114

The programs do not have to be finishing and starting at the same time for this issue to occur. They can be hours apart. It is a problem if both programs are on the same channel or on different channels.

The only way of fixing the timer issue is to update the firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

The TV trade website is offline. Anyone got the channel list?

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    The TV trade website is offline. Anyone got the channel list?

Latest Software
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1zbjprF1ZKmTmI1WGpaSjc2SlE/edit?usp=sharing

Latest Channel List Just need to add own Terrestrial Setup for your area :-)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1zbjprF1ZKmVE9jQ1JMRFYtcHM/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

steveon wrote: »

Steveon Is that the same channel list for October 2013?

If so; the person who downloaded that one; they will only get about 140 TV channels & 245 radio channels like what I got yesterday after downloading it from the Dalton TV website.

http://www.daltontv.ie/2013/10/new-channel-line-up-and-new-firmware-for-triax-tsc114/

You might do a blind scan to get even more satellite channels if that person wanted to.

The frequency was set to 490000Mhz for the Saorview channels when I uploaded the list from the box. You would just carry out a Manual Scan for them for your local transmitter if you are not living near Mt Leinster.

The new channel list doesn't include much in terms of the ITV channels in SD. But I carried out a blind scan when I was on CNBC channel yesterday & got up to 600 channels between TV & Radio when it was finished.

In regard to BBC & ITV; the channel list for October will give you the standalone BBC1 HD as well as versions from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. It will also give you ITV HD from London, Meridian, Central & Granada (I can't think of any others at the minute). There are issues with the transmission from ITV Meridian & Central as the bit rate in HD might be slow for others to watch.

I can also receive Sky News channels in 2 different languages. One is the usual English one from London & I have Sky News Arabia is from Abu Dhabi which is spoken in Arabic.

And all that from the Astra 28.2 satellite.

I have a total of 18 HD channels so far from that box. It is brilliant.

It seems right for me to get them after doing a blind scan from Three Rock. The satellite list that I am talking about is here.

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/28degreeseast.htm

Steveon Is that the same channel list for October 2013?

If so; the person who downloaded that one; they will only get about 140 TV channels & 245 radio channels like what I got yesterday after downloading it from the Dalton TV website.

http://www.daltontv.ie/2013/10/new-channel-line-up-and-new-firmware-for-triax-tsc114/

You might do a blind scan to get even more satellite channels if that person wanted to.

The frequency was set to 490000Mhz for the Saorview channels when I uploaded the list from the box. You would just carry out a Manual Scan for them for your local transmitter if you are not living near Mt Leinster.

The new channel list doesn't include much in terms of the ITV channels in SD. But I carried out a blind scan when I was on CNBC channel yesterday & got up to 600 channels between TV & Radio when it was finished.

In regard to BBC & ITV; the channel list for October will give you the standalone BBC1 HD as well as versions from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. It will also give you ITV HD from London, Meridian, Central & Granada (I can't think of any others at the minute). There are issues with the transmission from ITV Meridian & Central as the bit rate in HD might be slow for others to watch.

I can also receive Sky News channels in 2 different languages. One is the usual English one from London & I have Sky News Arabia is from Abu Dhabi which is spoken in Arabic.

And all that from the Astra 28.2 satellite.

I have a total of 18 HD channels so far from that box. It is brilliant.

It seems right for me to get them after doing a blind scan from Three Rock. The satellite list that I am talking about is here.

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/28degreeseast.htm

No this is a completely new listing done by myself you just need to tune the terrestrial channels for your own area all the satellite channels are done and in order...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Anyone noticing the audio a second or 2 ahead of the video on their Triax's? Man Utd game on now, and its quite frustrating, you know whats going to happen just before you see it!

Advertisement