Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Lindenblad

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Is there any way to turn off the auto search function for new channels?

Don't think so with that box, & some others too. I think it's only a problem if you have occasional reception from UK transmitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭colly3

kelbal wrote: »
    Keep scrolling, Sky News definitely there, might be further down the list

I have scrolled & scrolled and scrolled .... it's not there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭colly3

KingofSat is always useful for finding channels

Thanks for that Gerry, will give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

colly3 wrote: »
    I have scrolled & scrolled and scrolled .... it's not there. :(
    I have it too. It comes in on 493 on my unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

Lindenblad wrote: »
    Don't think so with that box, & some others too. I think it's only a problem if you have occasional reception from UK transmitters.

Also with the Irish channels, it will not allow me to delete the test ones. Also if I try and put UK Channels on the placeholders for the Irish channels. It keeps them there for a while and then reverts back to previous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Is there any way to turn off the auto search function for new channels?

Turn off the active antenna, simply move the test signals to the end of the list do not remove them and problem should be solved....however from memory if you turn off active antenna you may have to do your channel list so back it up first...if it does it will say so.

steveon wrote: »
    Turn off the active antenna

Active antenna is just a power supply for an amplifier, nothing whatsoever to do with this 'autosearch in standby' function/problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

Lindenblad wrote: »
    Active antenna is just a power supply for an amplifier, nothing whatsoever to do with this 'autosearch in standby' function/problem.

So there's no way around this issue?

So there's no way around this issue?

I wonder why they continually need to be messing with 'test' services, that keep turning up unbidden in receiver channel lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RAKM

I bought one of these in the last week. Gradually read thru this entire thread and it has been a great help for some of the problems I have had. One thing that seems to be happening to me is that when I set a timer record it records it just fine but the box stays switched on when the recording is over. This is ok if I am out for a few hours but if I am out for a few nights I would like it to switch off. Build date is 13/7/12 so fairly old stock. Any advice much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

RAKM wrote: »
    I bought one of these in the last week. Gradually read thru this entire thread and it has been a great help for some of the problems I have had. One thing that seems to be happening to me is that when I set a timer record it records it just fine but the box stays switched on when the recording is over. This is ok if I am out for a few hours but if I am out for a few nights I would like it to switch off. Build date is 13/7/12 so fairly old stock. Any advice much appreciated.

yes it is annoying. you can set it to turn of after 1 or 2 hours of no signal being sent by remote so at least it doesn't stay on if your away for a while. I'm not at home at the moment so i can't remember what menu to find it on buts there somewhere

Sky23

Thanks for your reply. I knew of that option and since I posted last I realised that is what i might be able to do. Will reset that to an hour. Seems odd as right back to the days of VCR everything I've ever set to timer record has switched itself off. Also have installed firmware from 18 months ago and box seems to be a lot more responsive.

Thanks Again

RAKM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Heres my predicament

I put my triax into standby at nighttime however the last few mornings when i press the remote control button to turn on i only get a reception on my irish channels there is no picture on my uk stations.

if i turn the box off the sat box at the rear switch and power back on, all stations both irish and uk are present.

strange one any advice?

Only statred to happen the last few days

Kooga try this.
    While the box is still on, plug it out and come back in 45 mins. Then see what happens. I had a similar problem and that worked for me.

Kooga try this.
    While the box is still on, plug it out and come back in 45 mins. Then see what happens. I had a similar problem and that worked for me.

thanks will try that.

will update you

Kooga

How did this go?

Kooga

How did this go?

apologies was away on holidays, it is a bit hit and miss, sometimes works other times no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does the timer recorder actually work ?? set it up last night and this morning i discovered it didn't come on

when you set it up what option should you use VCR, recorder, channel

what are these options about anyway:confused: the user manual is very vague

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OisinDunne

Use the record option. Can be a bit flakey if the channel you're recording transmits the wrong time

Go to the tvtrade.ie website. They have videos with clear instructions of what to do. I found these very helpful when setting up mine recently.

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    does the timer recorder actually work ?? set it up last night and this morning i discovered it didn't come on

when you set it up what option should you use VCR, recorder, channel

what are these options about anyway:confused: the user manual is very vague

Check to see the firmware on your box is the latest version stamped jan 2013 it is meant to improve the reliability of the recording features. If it isnt you can download it here.
    http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

However make sure you make a backup of a channel listing before you do as you will need to upload it to your box again after upgrading the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Does anyone else get a warning when you press record saying "device is not fast enough, do you still want to continue?"

i used to get that everytime i recorded something

but once i changed the batteries in the remote, i don't get it anymore:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ganon

Looking at getting one of these boxes, had a few super quick questions for anyone who has one already.

- I currently have a saorview box (hooked up to a digital antenna) and a free-to-air satellite box (with it's own satellite on the roof), will these too connections work with TSC114? (Slightly worried that there's a difference between free-to-air and FreeSat?)

- Is anyone using it with a 1tb hard-drive, or there abouts? I've had trouble before hooking up large external devices to set-top-boxes that can't handle them.

- Will the media player handle most common video formats? DivX/Avi, MP4 ?

- Can you do anything with the ethernet port? Like connect it to your network to copy movies etc onto the hard-drive?

Thanks a million for any help on these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

ganon wrote: »
    - I currently have a saorview box (hooked up to a digital antenna) and a free-to-air satellite box (with it's own satellite on the roof), will these too connections work with TSC114? (Slightly worried that there's a difference between free-to-air and FreeSat?)

The TSC114 is not a Freesat receiver. There are no Freesat combi receivers.

Freesat is a brand name. Uses the same broadcasts as generic free-to-air receivers but, Freesat receivers can access features that aid in setting up & day-to-day use, most noteworthy a 7 day programme guide, where basic generic receivers only have now-&-next info.

Also there is no such thing as a 'digital' antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Just plug in the antenna and the sat coax into the rear of the Triax box and it will do both terrestrial and satellite.

The box itself is very good but the down side is the remote control suffers bounce, ie will skip channels when surfing.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JamesTC

ganon wrote: »
    Looking at getting one of these boxes, had a few super quick questions for anyone who has one already.

- Is anyone using it with a 1tb hard-drive, or there abouts? I've had trouble before hooking up large external devices to set-top-boxes that can't handle them.

- Will the media player handle most common video formats? DivX/Avi, MP4 ?

- Can you do anything with the ethernet port? Like connect it to your network to copy movies etc onto the hard-drive?

Thanks a million for any help on these!

- Your satellite cable (which are all standard regardless of what box they are plugged into) and your antenna cable will both plug into the back of the box.

- I had a 1tb hard drive and it did not work, now that might have been because it was usb3 but they are normally backwards compatible so I switched to a 300gb usb2 one and that worked ok, know of people using a usb stick also. If you are buying a hard drive just for it best to go for one with its own power supply and I would limit myself to 500gb just to be safe.

- Have no idea sorry, never used it to watch external media.

- No unfortunately, it is down in the book as `future services` or something like that but I would not hold my breath, which is shame as it has so many possibilities (software updates, EPG info, Netflix integration to Media player and RTE player etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Hello, I'm just setting this box up for my very tech unsavvy folks. Mostly good so far but I'm having an issue where the aspect ratio on TG4 is off....vertical bars on either side and a broken white line at the very top. Anything I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

gebbel wrote: »
    Hello, I'm just setting this box up for my very tech unsavvy folks. Mostly good so far but I'm having an issue where the aspect ratio on TG4 is off....vertical bars on either side and a broken white line at the very top. Anything I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

This was a problem with the earlier software version of the box. Check the information page in the menu and check the date. Latest version is Jan 2013.

If its an earlier addition you will need to update it howevr u will need to backup your channel list before doing do as it will require retuning afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

I have one of these boxes and recently on some channels there is an 'echo' in the sound, to the point where its practically impossible to stay watching the channel. It's only happening on a few of the channels in the middle, Channel 5, 5* and a few others I think are affected. Any ideas anyone to resolve and also why its only ocurring on selected channels? Should I reload the channel list?

• Advertisement

marob1969 wrote: »
    I have one of these boxes and recently on some channels there is an 'echo' in the sound, to the point where its practically impossible to stay watching the channel. It's only happening on a few of the channels in the middle, Channel 5, 5* and a few others I think are affected. Any ideas anyone to resolve and also why its only ocurring on selected channels? Should I reload the channel list?

As before what software revision is on your box, I have one and have no problems.?

Advertisement