Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

steveon wrote: »
    As before what software revision is on your box, I have one and have no problems.?

Not sure, I would have to check at home and then revert. Are you happy with the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

marob1969 wrote: »
    I have one of these boxes and recently on some channels there is an 'echo' in the sound, to the point where its practically impossible to stay watching the channel. It's only happening on a few of the channels in the middle, Channel 5, 5* and a few others I think are affected. Any ideas anyone to resolve and also why its only ocurring on selected channels? Should I reload the channel list?

Hiya. I think I had this problem before.

You just need to lower the volume from the Audio Description button on your Triax remote control and this will solve the problem. The Audio Description feature is only available on satellite channels btw. It is not available on Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Hiya. I think I had this problem before.

You just need to lower the volume from the Audio Description button on your Triax remote control and this will solve the problem. The Audio Description feature is only available on satellite channels btw. It is not available on Saorview.

Sorted, simple as that. Thanks a bunch Dublinman

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

**another niddly problem** with this machine is ..... sometimes when i watch bbc3 and change channels and then change back to bbc3..bbc3 is blank

so the only way i can get it back again is by switching off & on the box again:confused:

its only with bbc3 this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

fryup wrote: »
    **another niddly problem** with this machine is ..... sometimes when i watch bbc3 and change channels and then change back to bbc3..bbc3 is blank

so the only way i can get it back again is by switching off & on the box again:confused:

its only with bbc3 this happens

Only solution I found to this. is to scan the frequency for bbc3 and 4 after the 7pm threshold, as it shares the freq with cbeebies and cbbc...very very annoying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭decor58

anyone have any ideas, is there any way to resurrect a Triax 114, tried a software update and crashed the unit.

decor58 wrote: »
    anyone have any ideas, is there any way to resurrect a Triax 114, tried a software update and crashed the unit.

Had two that crashed at 5% during firmware upgrade, Triax's attitude to me was to send back to where I bought them from that there was no way of repairing them, I told them I expected better and after weeks to and fro they finally excepted there is a faulty batch out there and replaced them for me...but it took forever to get this situation rectified.

The worse part of Triax is there customer service, definitely the worse I have ever dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭decor58

thanks for your reply, bought it on Web so no comeback. Worked fine for over a year, trying to upgrade software caused problem.

decor58 wrote: »
    thanks for your reply, bought it on Web so no comeback. Worked fine for over a year, trying to upgrade software caused problem.

These boxes come with a 2 yr manufacturer warranty so I would suggest you press this fact.

lately i'm getting distorted sound from the sat channels it comes and goes :confused:

its not the telly cause when i go to source and select TV its fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi Fryup,

What channels are you getting distortion on? Channel 5, 5* etc. are distorted for me.

J

well come to think of it its across the board sat & saorview

it usually happens when there's a sudden rise in volume e.g. a roar from from a crowd

and then the sounds goes distorted, the only way i can seem to fix it is by switching between TV and HDMI (sat) :confused:

it never happened before its only over the past month that its become an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Just worth checking if you are getting a buzzing noise of sorts make sure that the TV itself is not turned up really loud and you are then using the Triax volume as the main way of turning up/down. This can cause a buzzing noise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

i should use the TV remote for volume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

^^^^^^^^^^^^

i should use the TV remote for volume?

Turn down the volume on the TV to a normal level then go back to the Triax and use the Triax remote to control the volume on the Triax box itself and see if that eliminates the problem. Iv come across a scenario like yours before and it was the volume on the TV being way too loud, the person was then using the Triax volume function as the main way to control the volume which in turn caused the buzzing whenever the volume was turned up via the Triax box.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

did the above but still get that distorted noise :(

Tried all that myself.

To watch these channels, change the audio from stereo to narrow. See button second from the bottom right on the remote control.

It's a temporary solution.

Fryup,

Just had a reread of the post and I'm having a different problem than you, in so far that the audio is very poor quality with lots of echo. It's impossible to watch these set of channels.

in the av settings for audio in the menu there's two options...pcm or bitstream whats that about?

and what should it be set to?

I've tried both and neither of them made any difference.

Might try a factory reset later. Will let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

in the av settings for audio in the menu there's two options...pcm or bitstream whats that about?

It relates to the digital audio output, only applies if you have used this to connect to an amplifier.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^

so for regular TV what should it be? pcm or bitstream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

so for regular TV what should it be? pcm or bitstream?

If you're not using the S/PDIF port on the receiver, just ignore these settings.

Did a full factory reset this morning and this has resolved the audio problem.

Delighted it's sorted.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

was your audio problem constant or intermittent??

Hi Fryup,

Audio was very bad on the same channels all the time (i.e. 5*, 5*+1, channel 5 etc).

The reset on my system seems to have resolved the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

I was updating channel list and it failed. I got open file error. Now the box won't switch on? The red light stays on? But will not power on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Familiar enough with Free to Air Combo box myself but never used this TRIAX 114 , some sat crowd installed it for my uncle , some channels stopped working and I did rescan but only one of the missing channels came back (Showcase or something ) more>movies+1 and m>movies stopped working .

Is there a way to just scan for one channel and just add them back in manually using details from
    http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

I hope to god I am making sense

are you limited to 200 recordings on this machine??

i've got plenty of free space on my HD but only 200 are listed in record manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 delta42

I only see 200 on my triax. The others are there, but only show up in the record manager when I delete some others. I have often had to delete over 10 recordings to get from 200 to 199.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

one of these must be well worth the 120 euro these days are they?

thinking of getting one

Advertisement