Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer usage and real life leakage

• 23-02-2012 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone else experiences this, just thought I'd throw it out there. Yesterday I was reading the Metro Herald and there was a small thumbnail pic of something. Briefly it passed through my mind that I could do a two finger grab of the pic and make it bigger !!!

Used to get this years ago when I was a big GTA fan, thought I could just jack cars and blow stuff up at will :D

Any similar stories ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'm constantly leaking all over the place after using my computer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea the odd time I want to click on a picture to see it more clearly. :o:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

KTRIC wrote: »
    I could do a two finger grab of the pic and make it bigger !!!

As in smartphone / touchscreen gesutres? Since when are mobile devices computers now?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 danom8

Lol the worst one for me is when I'm writing and I make a mistake, I think 'backspace' and then realize that I have to use an eraser.

Or if I'm writing something repetitive I think CTRL C CTRL V as in copy and paste with a pencil in my hand haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

hightower1 wrote: »
    As in smartphone / touchscreen gesutres?

As in a lot of touch screen and laptops support multi touch gestures !!
    Since when are mobile devices computers now?

WTF do you think your smart phone is ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Since when are mobile devices computers now?

Since they became more powerful than computers from the early 2000's but for half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'm always impressed by the graphics of the water reflections from the canal when I'm on the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Computer usage and real life leakage.

After reading this thread title, I initially thought the OP had a problem with urinary/faecal incontinence whilst using their PC/Laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Myself a smartphone user trying to use the non-existant "touchscreen" of the old Nokia belonging to the missus.
    Felt like such an eejitt.

Like this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

This ALWAYS happens me...

When I'm reading a document, manual, book or paper of some sort and I'm looking for something. I think Ctrl + F :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I shoulded PAUSE in the car one day to stop my friend from driving into the car in front. Too many video games i think^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Playing weclome Ravenholm late one night, I took a smoke break and went into the garden. Something moved in the trees I bricked it and looked for a weapon to smash up the Head Crab that was lurking around

Still makes me think that was one of the most immersive games to date.

Headcrab_underbelly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I often find myself trying to ctrl+F texts, books and papers :(
    Its a hassle not being able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This doesn't happen to me :confused: I feel left out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

As in smartphone / touchscreen gesutres? Since when are mobile devices computers now?

My iphone renders video footage faster than my old laptop did, its scary how far phones have come on a few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Eh, not really. Although I have turned from using someting touchscreen to something not and bangign away at it for a couple of seconds until I realise why it's not working.

The other night I was playing tetris in my dreams.

Does any of that count?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I used to be constantly going Ctrl - z in my head when i'd done something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've been known to touch the screen of other people's non-smart phones, and look surprised when they don't respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Since they have CPU's, RAM and operating systems and can perform complex arithmetical tasks?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Dont have a fancy phone but I once tried to check a newspaper for the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Somewhat different but whenever I see a wall where there is a crack in it, or a slightly different shade of block in one area (like where a window/door was bricked up) I always think I should blow it up to find treasure behind it.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I once woke up in a daze looking for a USB key to store the dream I just had.

Where I was going to stick it in would've been a different matter.....

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Played GtaIV and got virtually drunk and had virtual sex. Left the house got drunk, had sex. The real stuff is better ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

From doing graphic design stuff, I'll often move my hand towards a mouse that isn't there to click and drag something that's in front of something else I want to see. First time it happened, a cloud moved in front of the moon and I was spent a couple of seconds wondering where the mouse was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When Doom first came out on PS first, I pulled an all-nighter and went into my part-time job the next day. When I pushed the door open, I actually heard the sound that the doors made (that whooshing sound) in my mind clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

To this day, I'm very attentive to how I take a bend - line up for apex and accelerate away as soon as the racing line allows - all because several years ago I used to play Gran Turismo (1,2,3 and 4) obsessively.

Obviously I can't do this on most public roads so I can be found doing this in my work carpark in my mini MPV with child seats in the back.

Tragic.

Edit - on bendy country roads, the centre line is the 'outside of the track'. I like my back road commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

has anyone played GTA3 on an iphone or android handset yet? its awesome, to think it took (at the time) the most powerful console around to run it, and now you have it on a phone, they've come a long way since Snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Can remember, around the time GTA: San Andreas came out, and saw a purple tag on a (real world) wall, my first thought was to spray over it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

At night, I stick to the shadows when out.

They will never see me coming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Was driving past a funeral home one day, and there was a hearse parked out side. and I thought to myself "sweet, I need that for the missions in GTA when you have to steal specific cars" and then went "oh wait!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Physical buttons on a landline phone feel all springy and responsive - a strange sensation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Always trying to CTRL-F my handwritten notes in college.

I also always get the urge to google the ungooglable, like when I told my friend my mother was on holiday in New York. They asked if she'd been to America, and not sure if she'd been there when she was young, I said I'd google it.

Also, when playing Tony Hawks Pro-Skater 3 regularly, I'd evaluate every real-life surface for it's grinding potential!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

had to do a report in college and couldn't figure out how to include the diagrams in the document

in the end I had to cut and paste

with real scissors and glue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I stopped using my PC for a while (broken) and was only using a tablet, when i got the computer back, i turned it on and when to press a short cut on the monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Developing a habit of giving posts and blogs i enjoy literally a thumbs up :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

You people are all clearly idiots :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Too much time online manifests itself in the real world.:eek:

Are there boardsie living between worlds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

blaze1 wrote: »
    Playing weclome Ravenholm late one night, I took a smoke break and went into the garden. Something moved in the trees I bricked it and looked for a weapon to smash up the Head Crab that was lurking around

Still makes me think that was one of the most immersive games to date.

Headcrab_underbelly.jpg

Song time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Too much time online manifests itself in the real world.:eek:

Are there boardsie living between worlds?
    Sometimes you see them in the big blue room. You know, the one with the green carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

A while ago, I was looking for something in my wardrobe, came across an old pair of shoes that I hadn't worn for ages and thought "I don't need those anymore, may as well delete them". :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

When I hear music I try to fix my walkman's headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,692 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I remember at work someone telling a story and the phrase "pix or gtfo!" came into my head. it would not have been appropriate lol.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Immediately after flushing the toilet recently, I noticed that I had got a little spray on the toilet bowl that I hadn't noticed. There wasn't much time for me to clean it with toilet paper and get the paper in the toilet while there was still enough flush power to get rid of the paper, without having to flush for a second time.
    Realising how difficult it would be to successfully complete the task, this immediately came to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

my incontinent nan drank so much she stood up n just opened up, right there on the floor. I guess just sharing this is a leakage of sorts, too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HAAA! HAAA!

Me, I am play cyomand and conquir for such long time I am actually speak like Natalia.
    But I am man.
    I am detest capitalist dogs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

When I first started playing Fallout 3, I began to to think what useful items could be found in bins and cabinets when I would be in public.

My brother asked me over to his house the other day to fix a leaky tap (it's my day job). I fixed it with no problem and as he was boiling the kettle to make a cup of tea I went for a wander round the house.
    His pet turtle was in the sitting room and before I knew what I was doing I'd jumped on the poor little fecker and kicked the shell across the room.
    Force of habit.

My brother hasn't spoken to me since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I caught myself singing that trolololol song in the shower the last day.

Also I desperately want a google search function for my notebooks, the scribbled notations on various plants and animals on paper type.

Only get this sometimes if I walk around town after playing Assassin's Creed.. Looking at random walls and picturing how to climb them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Every single time I see a group of trees away up on a hill, I ALWAYS instantly think of Operation Flashpoint & ARMA. I then imagine looking for a safe landing spot to drop my troops off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement