Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 week old with bad wind pains

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Our little one is just 6 weeks old, but seems to suffer from really bad wind pains. She'll burp and fart and then get really upset, like it hurts her. We've tried Infacol and Gripe Water, and while they both help, they're not solving it enough for her.

We're trying baby massage and she's fine some of the time but goes insane when you go near her belly. The doctor checked her this morning and said there was nothing wrong with her and that she was thriving - shes being breastfed. She does seem to be worse at night and we mentioned this to the doc.

Anyone got any ideas for us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mauzouni

Maybe try Bio Gaia probiotic drops - heard very good things about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

reflexology and craineoligy are supposed to be really good. sounds mad but worth looking into if its really bad.

also massaging the tummy anit-clock wise after winding.

we were just looking into it with baby no. 1 when it just stopped one night.

but it wasn't so bad for us as gripe water did make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Cycling the legs works a treat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've said it many times here before, but Cranial Osteopathy was the only thing that worked for us..

My Son used to be inconsolable with the pain, he would go completely rigid and we couldn't comfort him no matter what we tried..

PM me if you want details of the Clinic we attended.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

poor little thing ,a warm bath helps too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Warm bath definitely helped her last night and she was nice and relaxed.
    Cycling the legs does help at times, but then she'll go completely rigid with pain.

@xzanti, can you send me a pm with the details of the clinic you went to? Im not sure if my wife will go for it though if I tell her what its called!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Colief did the trick for us. Its about 12 euros for a tiny bottle, but it'll last the week. Expensive but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

Change the milk! lactose free formula maybe?

chirogirl wrote: »
    Colief did the trick for us. Its about 12 euros for a tiny bottle, but it'll last the week. Expensive but well worth it.

Think we're going to give colief a try this weekend. My wifes friend also recommended it to her.

purplecat wrote: »
    Change the milk! lactose free formula maybe?

Cant do that purplecat as she's being breast fed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

my little one was/is the very same. she is 7 weeks. the gripe water seems to be working. and we went to a cranial osteopath twice so i think this helped also. def try it. it looks like they do nothing as all the movements are so slight and its barely a touch but i think it does work. my little one didnt even wake up during it! couldnt pinpoint which one worked so im saying its a mixture of both. she still goes rigid sometimes with the pain but its much easier to get up now and we dont have the hours of crying anymore...i think... so fingers crossed it keeps up this way. starting baby massage next week so hoping this will be good too. hope ya find somethin that helps a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

How often do you give the gripe water - my daughter is getting fussy at night and scrunching up.

Advertisement