Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this property?

Options
  • 23-02-2012 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

<An ad removed. Area is the houses on top of Eyre Square Centre>

Hi all just wondering what others think of the property linked? seems very cheap and in the city centre. I don't live in Galway although I did attend NUIG,so my local knowledge isn't that high,anything to be wary of?.

Thanks
    Zowie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

absolutely fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, I removed the specific advert from daft. We can discuss the area generally if you wish but I'm not sure the seller wants us to discuss his/her specific house.

I've been up there and the houses are nice, nothing different from other small estates. It's very handy right in the city centre and not much noise I can remember.
    Arrange a viewing if you're interested in buying and see for yourself?

What the area looks like
    SLdp1oFCemIgNGW_dNMy2-zOaUXvvZdzEuWu7Gq-3uZtPXBpZSZlPTQwMHgzMDA=.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Couple of knocking shops up there in the past that did not attract very nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

There's lots of students up there and a few rowdy feckers. Had a friend lived up there two years ago (they were students) and there were a couple of awful episodes where the neighbours (also students) were trying to break an entry and threatening my friend. Not very nice. I know another house of students up there this year, they haven't had any hassle, but they are a loud enough house I'd say. So definitely do your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Is this in relation to a property that'll be auctioned at Allsop on 1st March?

Allsop are starting to get a little greedy with their reserves, making assumptions that cash-savvy people will assume value simply 'must' be had as they're selling distressed property. This lesson was learned the hard way at the 2nd Allsop auction when clowns clients purchased properties for way more than they were worth, the worst example being a property in Galway

This auction should be a good indicator as to whether the un-educated have exhausted (or copped on), or are willing to assume that no matter what they are getting value, "cause they're buyin from the banks, like"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

<Ads removed. Area is
    William Street West, Galway City Centre
    The Grainstore, Galway City Centre
    The Cobblestones, Eyre Street, Galway City Centre>

Any social problems or obvious structural problems?

None of them look in great condition but they'd provide me with a base in Galway city,which is where I want to live.

I'd appreciate thoughts

Thanks

Zowie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Specific ads removed as my previous instruction.

All of those locations are in pretty busy areas with what that entails of noise etc. If you intend to buy get a structural engineer to check them out. Get BER rating, that'll give you an indication too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

The first one is on a bit of a grim street, also a very student type area, not where i'd like to live.

The third looks like it backs on to the blue note smoking area so could be noisey. Great boozer nonetheless but you don't necessarily want live right beside it.

The middle one looks your best bet, central location but still a few streets away from noisey nightlife. Wouldn't pay 120 for it mind, offer 85 but don't go much more than 95-100

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement