Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card and Interest Free

• 23-02-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,I was considering getting a loan to pay off my credit card (e3000) as I want get rid of it and use my Ulster Bank Debit Card instead. However I have noticed that MBNA have a 10 month interest free option which I'm considering taking up. However I have to admit I do not fully understand the 10 month free interest option.Obviously if I spend nothing does that mean if I pay off 300pm over the ten month period I will have the 3000 paid off? Probably a daft quesition but I'd like to make sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

mrsoft wrote: »
    Hi,I was considering getting a loan to pay off my credit card (e3000) as I want get rid of it and use my Ulster Bank Debit Card instead. However I have noticed that MBNA have a 10 month interest free option which I'm considering taking up. However I have to admit I do not fully understand the 10 month free interest option.Obviously if I spend nothing does that mean if I pay off 300pm over the ten month period I will have the 3000 paid off? Probably a daft quesition but I'd like to make sure.

Thats basically it. You transfer the balance and if you pay €300pm on the card will be gone in 10 months.

If you spend money on the card then usually they put any payments you make off the purchases first. So if you spend €150 in a month on the card and you pay €300 that month. the €300 will have €150 off the purchases and then €300 off the interest free section.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrsoft

chris85 wrote: »
    Thats basically it. You transfer the balance and if you pay €300pm on the card will be gone in 10 months.

If you spend money on the card then usually they put any payments you make off the purchases first. So if you spend €150 in a month on the card and you pay €300 that month. the €300 will have €150 off the purchases and then €300 off the interest free section.

Cheers chris85. Save me the bother of a loan.

Advertisement