Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you or would'nt you?

• 23-02-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,hav'nt been on here in a bit. Only back on the bike after it being laid up for a while.Anyhow,was just wondering(after a close call myself this morning),if you came across debris (stones,rocks,branches,dead cats etc) on the road which posed a hazard to you or a potential hazard to others,would you remove it? Would be interested to see the upshot of this.Poll attached.Cheers in advance.

Would you or would'nt you remove a potential hazard from the road? 31 votes

I would
    0%
    Iwould'nt
    100%
    Zascar[Deleted User]rgfullerjayokBlackWizardFGRHotblack DesiatoolerasgalwayttPaschcomsubway--amadeus--bogman[Deleted User]tiernanobrienkevin-46Vic_Mackeybladespinsf80Jackasaurus rex 31 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Its only a real hazard if you can't see it clearly in the distance. ie, on a blind corner. Therefore you're putting yourself at risk entering the road to remove it.

That said I've stopped to move felled trees/branches at times.

Poll lacks a maybe option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Iwould'nt
    AgileMyth wrote: »
    Its only a real hazard if you can't see it clearly in the distance. ie, on a blind corner. Therefore you're putting yourself at risk entering the road to remove it.

That said I've stopped to move felled trees/branches at times.

Poll lacks a maybe option!
    If your definition of a blind corner is a lefthander as you come into it,surely it wouldnt be blind if you were to come back on it from the opposite direction? Purposly left it at the 2 options as i think there are only 2 answers

Iwould'nt
    I've only done this when I was in the cage. It was literally a matter of pulling into the hard shoulder and kicking half a tyre off the road. It would depend on the light and the road etc, I would only feel comfortable doing it if the visibility was good and I was sure that I wouldn't get ran over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Iwould'nt
    I've done it, some tools left a bunch of broken bottles upturned on a runabout. It was early so I got out and cleared them. Wouldn't risk my safety but if you can do it you know your probably preventing an accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1. Drive past.
    2. Stop.
    3. Set up video camera
    4. Wait
    5. Record crash.
    6. Post to Youtube.
    7. Profit.

But usually I would remove the debris if it posed a serious threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If your definition of a blind corner is a lefthander as you come into it,surely it wouldnt be blind if you were to come back on it from the opposite direction? Purposly left it at the 2 options as i think there are only 2 answers

It's still a blind corner for people coming at it for the left turn.

It's all about risk to yourself and others. What's better to hit a rock/branch/glass or a person standing in the middle of the road trying to move it off the road? Which is why they sometimes shut roads to clear debris.

If your worried about it call the Gardaí and report it. If you're really worried do a U-turn and park on the straight road ahead and flag drivers down till the road if cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Iwould'nt
    I would and have done. There's a roundabout just down the road from our house and in the last 6 months alone I have moved a massive branch and a long metal bar from the road.

One thing I see a lot of (live in the countryside) is cars/jeeps/tractors with uncovered trailers on the back with all kinds of everything in the trailers, large blocks of firewood for example - biker's nightmare if one of them popped out and you couldn't avoid it.

Advertisement