Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleknock to IFSC

Options
  • 23-02-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I live in Castleknock (not far from the Phoenix Park) and I'm considering accepting a job in the IFSC - just wondered if it is easy to get from Cknock to the IFSC - does a train service the route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yeah, just get a Maynooth line train from Castleknock or Navan Road Parkway (whichever is closer to you) to Connolly. Would be about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You can take the train from Ashtown or Phoenix Park stations (just off the Navan road), to Connolly or Docklands station.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Brilliant thanks guys :)

Do any buses serve the route either?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Loads of buses (you're in a great spot to get to and from the city centre / IFSC), looks up routes 37, 38 and 39 on Dublin Bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    You can take the train from Ashtown or Phoenix Park stations (just off the Navan road), to Connolly or Docklands station.

That no longer exists - It is now Navan Road Parkway Station.

• Advertisement

OP - Train from Ashtown to either Connolly or Docklands - timetable here.

Buses:
    37 will take you from Castleknock Road to O'Connell Bridge.
    38, 38a, 38b, 39, 39a and 70 from Navan Road will all take you to O'Connell Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Cycle in through the Phoenix Park

It's absolutely AWESOME! No seriously... Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, my niece lives in Castleknock and works near the IFSC too. She chooses to get the 37 bus to and from work. She says the morning train and the evening trains are already so jampacked when she gets on at Castleknock & Connolly, that she always has to stand for the entire trip. The bus trip takes marginally longer, and she has to walk about 5 mins more from the stop on Ashton Quay to work. But thinks its worth it not having to stand for 30 mins first thing in the morning & after a hard days work. I was waiting for a DART at Connolly today. A Maynooth commuter train came and went as I waited & it did look uncomfortably crowded.

There would be no issues with crowded trains if you take a Docklands service.

lxflyer wrote: »
    There would be no issues with crowded trains if you take a Docklands service.

what's a docklands service?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

A train that goes to Docklands station in the IFSC?

As above - one of the trains that goes to Docklands Station rather than Connolly.

The station is located at the Sherriff Street bridge but you can walk directly onto Mayor Street by walking alongside the Spencer Dock apartments. It's basically at the opposite end of the IFSC to Connolly.

Those trains are less popular than those heading to Connolly and Pearse.

Look at the timetable link that I posted above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cycle it, you can go through Phoenix Park :)

lxflyer wrote: »
    As above - one of the trains that goes to Docklands Station rather than Connolly.

The station is located at the Sherriff Street bridge but you can walk directly onto Mayor Street by walking alongside the Spencer Dock apartments. It's basically at the opposite end of the IFSC to Connolly.

Those trains are less popular than those heading to Connolly and Pearse.

Look at the timetable link that I posted above.

thanks a mill lxflyer - can i ask how you got to that section of the irishrail website, i've tried going through timetables etc (just to see other routes) but no joy

thanks again for you assistance.

thanks a mill lxflyer - can i ask how you got to that section of the irishrail website, i've tried going through timetables etc (just to see other routes) but no joy

thanks again for you assistance.

Go to the home page (www.irishrail.ie).

Go to the bottom of the page - the fourth column across is "Timetables and Service Updates" and the first item is "Download Timetable pdfs".

Click on that and the full range of route timetables will appear!

Advertisement