Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT / Commercial Tax

Options
  • 23-02-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum but perhaps someone can help out.

I used to work in construction and with the recession and the lack of jobs I've started my own business as a sole trader.

I'm not registered for VAT as I believe it is threshold based and I don't meet it for the services that I supply at the moment. However I do need to buy a commercial vehicle and was wondering how do I go about taxing it as commercial without a VAT number?

Any help much appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

If its a proper commercial I.e. not a car van or jeep type vehicle, there shouldn't be an issue taxing it as a commercial. If they ask the question, show them a business card or invoice you've written. I doubt they'll ask though. It's the vehicle that carries the motor tax irrespective of the owner. The hassle can come later if they feel that the vehicle is being used privately.

Advertisement