Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychics, how accurate are they?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

But I've never been, and because I see so many mixed reports, a visit to a medium is not something that I'd be inclined to do.

If you went to one,then at least you would have some experience and would be able to make your OWN decision and not be influenced by the sceptics that have no experience but are sure they know how everything works because they have read it in a book.Life is about experiencing things and not everything has been explained.(yet)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Belief in any supernatural, psychic reading, astrology etc is ALL makey uppy.
    No truth whatsoever to it.
    Anyone who believes in it is an imbecile and deserves to be laughed at.

If the psychics are so damn good, why don't they win the lotto every week??
    They knew I'd ask that though, didn't they? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

gillad wrote: »
    You havent explained to me how she knew the details about my life.
    You said in a previous post that their accuracy is directly proportional to the amount of information you give them.I didnt give her any information.

The experience changed my life because it prooved to me that this is a LOT more to us than what science can explain and iv had plenty of other experiences with the subconcious/spirit since, because i got curious and i looked deeper after meeting her.

Yes there is a lot more to life than science can explain - that is why we keep on engaging in scientific research - this will continue to increase our knowledge of FACTS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

If you went to one,then at least you would have some experience and would be able to make your OWN decision and not be influenced by the sceptics that have no experience but are sure they know how everything works because they have read it in a book.Life is about experiencing things and not everything has been explained.(yet)

Gillad, who said I was being influenced by spectics? I assure you I am not. I make my own decisions.

Will you please explain to me how the psychic knew the details of my past present and future

• Advertisement

Gillad, who said I was being influenced by spectics? I assure you I am not. I make my own decisions.

Good:)

Yes there is a lot more to life than science can explain - that is why we keep on engaging in scientific research - this will continue to increase our knowledge of FACTS!!!

Science wont get all the FACTS!!! with a closed mind (like yours).Quantum Physics will prove that we are more than physical.
    Calling people inbeciles is childish and not very scientific but maybe you are a child,so thats ok if you are.

im still waiting for your scientific explaination on my experience with the psychic

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Will you please explain to me how the psychic knew the details of my past present and future

You hav'ent explained why it matters to you.Even assuming these people can read your future you still don't know how it works,but yet your attributing subconscence spirits to it and other people are looking for proof of an afterlife,there may be a simple scientific explanation for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

Im not a psychic , but I am a medium , and ill tell you why I dont win the lotto every week ... whilst i might be in receipt of information that might be of use to you , I have never been given anything that might be of use to myself !!!!

kneemos wrote: »
    You hav'ent explained why it matters to you.Even assuming these people can read your future you still don't know how it works,but yet your attributing subconscence spirits to it and other people are looking for proof of an afterlife,there may be a simple scientific explanation for it.

You`ve got me wrong.I know exactly how it works but it takes a LOT! of time to take in the information and process it.It took me 7 months,24/7 to make sense of everything that happened.It wasnt just the Psychic.There was a Shaman,a woman who connected with my higher self(she really amazed me)and a very powerful Buddhist monk.
    Im pointing out one experience that i had and hoping it may open some people up a bit to what we really are,which is energetic conscious spirits having an experience in a physical body and when the body dies,off we go again.

I respect everyones beliefs but when(uninformed) people knock mine and others peoples beliefs i will try to show them a bit of this other world(which is right in front of you) and they can take it or leave it.

• Advertisement

Not knocking your beliefs ,everybody knows there are chancers claiming to be psychics.What are these experiences you've had,and did you learn anything of interest?

Not knocking your beliefs ,everybody knows there are chancers claiming to be psychics.What are these experiences you've had,and did you learn anything of interest?
    Iv only been to one so i cant comment on chancers claiming to be psychics,but i believe you are correct.
    What i have learnt is that its usually the client who is the problem and not the psychic.
    Think of everything you have done and thought about and the thoughts and deeds of those around you all your life.These are all stored in the Higher mind(which is at a Quantum level and will be prooved to exist,maybe by the research at CERN). The psychic can access this information by connecting to your Higher mind and tell you what has happened and what is happening.The future has not happened and NO Psychic can predict the future.They can see possibilities and potentials based on what you`v done,what you are doing now and what you really want and this is what they tell you.
    If you have a lot of choises in life,if you are impulsive or flighty then the possibilities will be greater making it harder for the Psychic to see which road you are on.
    If you know what you want in life but those around you are impulsive or indecisive then they can change the potentials and these are the reasons that readings dont come true.You are being told what is likely to happen based on the energies/emotions around you at the time of the reading.
    The more connected you are to your spirit/higher mind,the easier it is for the Psychic to access it because the path will already be open for them.

Iv also learned about Energy(chi/Qi)which is Quantum.It is the foundation of all psychic gifts and i can access this myself now because of what iv done and learnt since i visited the psychic

How do you use this in a beneficial way?

How do you use this in a beneficial way?

I can use it for Healing but I`m new to this so i keep it for myself for the moment because at this energetic level it is easy for me to pick up Energies/Emotions off people which i then have to dispose of and its not nice getting rid of it.
    I also have the option of bringing this into the world of science to be examined but this has been done before and ignored because it cant be seen or measured but it definetly can be felt.
    Information falls into my lap and life is effortless and enjoyable no matter what i do.Problems and Drama have very little effect on me now.
    I use this for personal bliss.Its like a natural Heroin high(iv never tried H so im just going on the description)
    Its a bit like this:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)when i relax

Hope you don't mind the questions but what do you mean "information falls into your lap"

Whatever i need to know just seems to pop up in front of me and makes life so easy and effortless...Anything from shopping to questions about the meaning of life.
    Its the Energy that the Yogis in the east are experiencing when they go into meditations for weeks on end with very little food and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

What I don't understand is why people pay to have their futures read. I know a previous poster said that readings are of possible futures, but I remember my cousin and a few of her friends talking about paying €60 for a reading of their future (as opposed to possible futures).

Whatever i need to know just seems to pop up in front of me and makes life so easy and effortless...Anything from shopping to questions about the meaning of life.
    Its the Energy that the Yogis in the east are experiencing when they go into meditations for weeks on end with very little food and water.

Extremely interesting I must say.

Extremely interesting I must say.

Its not magic,Its available to everyone who wants it.
    Start with 15 mins of meditation each day,you may only get 3/4 minutes altogether of quiet time but this is enough to start to make a connection to the Higher mind and once connected it will guide you if you follow your intuition and exitement:)

Its not magic,Its available to everyone who wants it.
    Start with 15 mins of meditation each day,you may only get 3/4 minutes altogether of quiet time but this is enough to start to make a connection to the Higher mind and once connected it will guide you if you follow your intuition and exitement:)

Ever come across telepathy in your travels?

• Advertisement

Ever come across telepathy in your travels?

Iv only had 2 or 3 very deep meditations(helped by a beer or 2 to really let go:)).During these,I have sensed meeting the shaman i had met and saying hi and iv sensed other people that i have been in contact with too but the shaman was the only one who seemed to realise i was there.I cant say for sure yet what was happening but i believe we are all connected subconsciously.
    During a cleansing ritual with the shaman it was important for me to keep my head up and throat open and everytime i dropped my head he told me to lift it up again.This ritual took place in darkness,you could not see your hand in front of your face so he was definetly connected to me in a way other than sight.He also could tell if i was down even if i was pretending to be happy.He may have been able to guess this but when i put it with the other stuff he was capable of, it all adds up to a type of telepathy.

Oh good, theres beer involved, I think i'll give it a go as soon as I log off. :D

Oh good, theres beer involved, I think i'll give it a go as soon as I log off. :D

just a bit of beer now:D

just a bit of beer now:D

Sure thing, just a wee bit..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fairycakes123

I`ll pm you her name, because im not here to advertise her,I m here to ask the sceptics that posted on this thread to tell me how she knew so much about my past,present and some of my future.
    Cold reading.NO
    Forer effect.NO
    Chinese lanternsmile.png.NO
    hi would you mind sending me her details to please :) she sounds fab

• Registered Users Posts: 26 galwaygirl54

Well said.I also believe there are genuine and gifted readers out there.What is your page ? Very selfless of you to do free readings

• Registered Users Posts: 26 galwaygirl54

I`ll pm you her name, because im not here to advertise her,I m here to ask the sceptics that posted on this thread to tell me how she knew so much about my past,present and some of my future.
    Cold reading.NO
    Forer effect.NO
    Chinese lanternsmile.png.NO
    Could you pm me the contact details also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

The one's that don't take money!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Turk1

I have been to one psychic and i was a sceptic going but i felt compelled to go for weeks so i finally went just to put my mind at rest and since then iv learnt a LOT about the power of the conscious mind.
    She told me she was going to connect with me by looking at my past.
    She told me i had injured my hand badly twice.Correct
    She told me my house was surrounded by horses as a child.Correct
    She told me i lived with a woman who had two children.Correct
    She told me a was driving a white van.Correct
    She told me a few more details that could have been guessed(common stuff)
    I didnt talk to her so how would she know these details about my life.
    She may me good at guessing.
    She may have been following and spying on me all my life.

She also told me accurate details of what my son was doing at the time of the reading.
    The Future.....She told me i would get a large amount of money from a will and im glad to say she was correct:D
    She predicted three other events to happen over the next year which im not too bothered about because what she showed me was the power of the conscious and unconscious mind/spirit and it opened me up to a whole new world.

Who was it that you went to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 eightofcups

Anyone got it completely wrong??

Advertisement