Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids Play or Military Training?

• 23-02-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Last Saturday I had my 3 1/2 year old toddler at a play centre.
    I was sat back drinking a coffee and it suddenly struck me, this place is perfect to train children for somekind of child army of the future.
    Everything resembled an army training course, there was rock climbing, a Zip wire and a large climbing area with rope ladders, rope bridges, scramble nets etc.
    There was a large ball pit where children as young as 9 months were learning how to ambush other children.
    I then noticed the almost chaotic like normality of their play, they all filed one after another to use the slides etc.
    With the popularity of military type games ( stragity ) and now these play centres popping up in every worthwhile urban centre; is it to train them physically.
    What is this world coming to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Were you never brought to a play centre as a child? They've been around forever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I was sat back drinking a coffee and it suddenly struck me, this place is perfect to train children for somekind of child army of the future.
    Everything resembled an army training course, there was rock climbing, a Zip wire and a large climbing area with rope ladders, rope bridges, scramble nets etc.
    There was a large ball pit where children as young as 9 months were learning how to ambush other children.
    I then noticed the almost chaotic like normality of their play, they all filed one after another to use the slides etc.
    With the popularity of military type games ( stragity ) and now these play centres popping up in every worthwhile urban centre; is it to train them physically.

The children of today are the first line of defence against the lizard people of tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

my thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Take a walk into Q-Zar and then you'll experience children ready for war :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Buffer stock until the army recruitment ban is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Yeah you're dead right. We should stop this. I'm going to teach my kids how to cut stuff with spoons only. They might get the wrong idea and become like that guy in the Scream movies. Cos knives, knives are bad mmmmkay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

gatecrash wrote: »
    The children of today are the first line of defence against the lizard people of tomorrow

Agreed, the lizard people's inability to use a zipwire will be their achilles heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So OP your kid is 3 1/2?

When he/she reaches 18, they might be conscripted into the EU army. First deployment will probably be over in Greece. Finishing off the last of the resistance, who tried to defy their Reich masters. So this early training will probably prove to be invaluable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

First time i went to one of those places i was 8 years old, now im 25. I'm neither a military man nor would i want to be.

I would think first person shooting games, which are getting more and more realistic, are preparing the minds of the next generation to military service. And even then i would be skeptical of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I think the spartans did something similar, you know who was a fan of the spartans: hitler. ipso facto you are a nazi sympathiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A child of about three years old once shot at me with a toy gun in a park. I didn't respond and he said "fuck you, you bastard". I'm sure the US military would love to have someone like that in their ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Rock climbing, zip wires? Where exactly is this play centre? It sounds great fun. I wonder if they'd let me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

3 1/2 is still a toddler now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You should see the firing range they have out back.

Advertisement