Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Department of Social Protection will have a different relationship with employers?

Options
  • 23-02-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭

From Breaking news:

The Government has announced plans to get 75,000 long-term unemployed people back into the workforce by 2015.

From now on the Department of Social Protection will have a different relationship with employers, ensuring they are offered the best candidates for jobs they have.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/govt-reveals-plan-to-get-75000-long-term-unemployed-off-register-540987.html#ixzz1nDF1po7A

Anyone know what this will actually means?.
    I got pulled into the back office in fas the last time I was there for causing a bit of a scene in front of people looking for Jobs, Basically I was looking for 2 extra staff but rather than put up a job post where I usually get a few hundred emails, I wanted them to recommend someone suitable for the positions. I was informed that the could not do that as they would be discriminating against the people who were no use to me. :confused:
    The manager of the FAS office was pretty sound and understood the problem but said his hands are tied as he got in trouble for matching suitable staff with employers and he was not prepared to put his Job on the line as he was already pulled up for it.

Do you think this know means they can start to discriminate for the greater good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its all waffle from the government or as it used to be called propoganda. the govt is one party pro employers and one party pro "the working man" (or state sponger in some cases). People in this country dont want to work (or maybe should be people from this country) in jobs that they think is under their skill set or income/lifestyle. Weve had 4 peopel leave us in the last 9 months who didnt have a job to go to but were off to live on social. I really cant see fas or social welfare making them go back to work until there are some drastic cuts in welfare which our estemed minister doesnt want to do but thinks it,ll be ok to lump us employers with 4 weeks sick pay

Advertisement