Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment problems with HWVS

Options
  • 23-02-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi

I ordered the makings of 2 PCs from HWVS and paid by bank transfer the following day (14th). I had no IBAN details from them on my order confirmation so I had to contact customer services and got a very brusque reply telling me to follow the (non existant) instructions in the email. Nevertheless, they gave me the IBAN details.
    A week later, they contacted me to say they haven't received payment but I knew the money left my account the same day I ordered the transfer. I told them this but got a second email the following day telling me my order would be cancelled if no payment was received.
    I then logged onto my HWVS account and discovered that the IBAN details were there, but a different account entirely.
    I got another email from HWVS, again detailing the original IBAN, the one I sent the money to.
    After replying strongly to this message, I got a final email from them to tell me that they had received my funds.

Is this normal? I know they have good prices but who needs that hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Hi

I ordered the makings of 2 PCs from HWVS and paid by bank transfer the following day (14th). I had no IBAN details from them on my order confirmation so I had to contact customer services and got a very brusque reply telling me to follow the (non existant) instructions in the email. Nevertheless, they gave me the IBAN details.
    A week later, they contacted me to say they haven't received payment but I knew the money left my account the same day I ordered the transfer. I told them this but got a second email the following day telling me my order would be cancelled if no payment was received.
    I then logged onto my HWVS account and discovered that the IBAN details were there, but a different account entirely.
    I got another email from HWVS, again detailing the original IBAN, the one I sent the money to.
    After replying strongly to this message, I got a final email from them to tell me that they had received my funds.

Is this normal? I know they have good prices but who needs that hassle.
    No that wouldnt be normal. Its usually very easy to deal with them and I've not come across anyone else with issues with them yet. hopefully you get this sorted :(. Tell them you want a hd7970 for their cock up, see what happens ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

ordered several times with no hassle - they do have two accounts you can transfer to though so maybe that's where the confusion lays - you just pick one or the other!

Financial institution Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: 731239469
    Bank code: 44010046
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.: PBNKDEFF
    IBAN No: DE73440100460731239469

OR

Financial institution Sparkasse Soest
    Remittee account: 50014018
    Bank code: 41450075
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.: WELADED1SOS
    IBAN No: DE30414500750050014018

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

dannyd20 wrote: »
    ordered several times with no hassle - they do have two accounts you can transfer to though so maybe that's where the confusion lays - you just pick one or the other!

Financial institution Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    Remittee account: 731239469
    Bank code: 44010046
    B.I.C. S.W.I.F.T.: PBNKDEFF
    IBAN No: DE73440100460731239469

I think 'twas that first one I used right enough. Anyway, I got an email from them today to inform me that they had found my patment and the boxes were on the way. No apologies, no explanations. It's just a wee bit annoying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds like a right pain in the hole! I didn't have any problems with them myself; sounds like u unfortunately got the shaft. At least it has a good outcome :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I think 'twas that first one I used right enough. Anyway, I got an email from them today to inform me that they had found my patment and the boxes were on the way. No apologies, no explanations. It's just a wee bit annoying.

It weird that they wouldn't have the payment details in the original email. Do you mind copy/pasting it here so we can take a look at it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement