Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE4

Options
  • 23-02-2012 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Received my 5 pack of CE4 this morning. Filling was quite easy actually. Just pull out the bung and pour into the carto. Leaked a little but I think that can be reduced.

Some kick off it. Too much. Often think I must be getting juice more than vapour but there's no juice there. I'd read about TH on other forums so maybe that's what it is but it's very strong.

Vapour is not great and it is warm.

It's definitely a better design than the other clearo's that I've used but I need a bit longer to be converted I think. Might need a bit of breaking in first.

Funny feeling I'll be pulling out the trusty eGo-C again later. Since I rewicked it using eGo-W wick I cannot find one fault with it.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Are you based in Waterford Green?

I'd love to try one of these if ya fancied selling one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Are you based in Waterford Green?

I'd love to try one of these if ya fancied selling one?

I could be pretty much anywhere eeloe!:D

Just send me a PM with your address and I'll shoot it off to you in the post though. I'll send it to you as a freebie :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh would you look at this mysterious ****er

oh would you look at this mysterious ****er

Nah, nothing mysterious about it - spend most of my time in Wexford or Wicklow!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Much appreciated mate! :-)

• Advertisement

http://www.vapeking.com.au/Vision-eGo-Stardust-Clearomizer-p/vis0002.htm

another clearomizer type carto here, this guy seems to love it anyway (video review in the link) and I saw a thread on ecf with people saying how great they were

it sure looks interesting, and with a standard res version too might be something I look into in the future.. but i dont know if I like how fast it eats juice

another video too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I saw them mentioned quite a bit on http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette too and they mostly seem very impressed. It does seem to have fixed most of the normal clearo problems.

edit: They seem to work well at higher v too as mentioned here

yeah the simplicity of how it fills and the umm... elegance of the mouthpiece pressing down on the little rubber cap.. very nice looking
    depending on how much money I get back from the deposit on my last apartment, I might look into picking one up :)

--edit

price is a bit steep though, depending on how long they last
    if they only last a week and they cost a fiver or so.. no matter what the fella in the second video says, that's kind of a problem :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

interesting
    definitely on my list of things to consider wasting money on anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I ordered two yesterday...one each of LR and SR. They seem like better and less fiddly than the CE3 which is my favourite for flavour. A big plus is that they seem to last for ages and you can easily clean, dry burn and rewick them. Amazing the attraction new shiny things on the market has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7rOVFmY2Mg

damn, thats pretty cool

actually **** that, that looks like so much work. ill just spend a fiver on another atty if I like them

I have a load of non tobacco flavours here, and i have some tobacco flavours coming in the post. once the tobaccos get here im gona mix up a load of tobacco juices and vape them for a while. ill probably always have a bottle of wensten or deluxe tobacco around, but if I can make my own tobacco flavoured juices.. even better (and cheaper)

I've had another go with the CE4 and it is just way too strong for me altogether! To be fair, it's easy and clean to fill but there's something wrong somewhere! It just feels caustic or like erupting volcano ejuice or something. The flavour is really intense but vapour poor.

Fecking yokes. If only the vapour was normal, these things might not be too bad. Interesting to see how eeloe gets on!

by taking the stardust apart.. are you changing the resistance, like you would on a repairable atomiser?
    as that's what it basically is isnt it? you're doing up a new coil and wick so it'll be like brand new, so you can turn an lr into an sr or vice versa

gh that's a shame, vapour for me is one of the most important things. the flavour and TH can be excellent, but if I dont see a cloud of vapour when i exhale.. I feel cheated

--edit
    oh, bubba. where did you order from?

actually **** that, that looks like so much work. ill just spend a fiver on another atty if I like them

Glad to see the recession hasn't arrived in Carlow:)

I have a load of non tobacco flavours here, and i have some tobacco flavours coming in the post. once the tobaccos get here im gona mix up a load of tobacco juices and vape them for a while. ill probably always have a bottle of wensten or deluxe tobacco around, but if I can make my own tobacco flavoured juices.. even better (and cheaper)

I got some tobacco flavours too last week. Liberty Flights seem to have a good price for bases...125ml of 50mg for 28 quid....that will do me for an awful long time....the recession is bad down here in Cork:)

Ordered from Safercigs. He calls the something else as Gotvapes in the US have the rights to the Vision Stardust name I think.

They won't arrive until next week and apparently they last for over a month with just a few cleans so it will be quite a while before I have to go and work on the coils and wick

hrm, inawera have 100ml of 36mg of their dirty neutral base for 12 euro

i cant be arsed doing the maths to see which is the better deal :) i have 100ml of 12mg dirty neutral base coming with my tobacco flavours anyway just to test it out, i've heard it's very good for tobacco juices. if I succeed in making a few tobacco juices I like, I'll probably make a massive order of various tobacco flavourings and bases from a couple of different sites in the coming months

ill have a look at the safercigs site, I am pretty curious about these. The guy who made the repairing vide above.. on the cleaning video he made before that he updated it to say that the newer versions of the star..(ive forgotten the name) is a lot harder to take apart
    UPDATE:
    The second batch of Stardusts seem to be much more difficult to take apart. Antfuzz on the ECF forums has had good luck with using copper tubes and a hammer which will only work for changing the wick and not cleaning (b/c you have to remove the wick!):

I might have been able to convince myself to do it the original way, but i am not fiddling about with cutting copper tubes.

actually how much was shipping to Ireland?

• Advertisement

Whipped out another CE4 this morning just to check if I'd just had an unlucky experience or if these things are as bad as I thought.

Filled it with 12mg Cherry Liqua which I know is okay. It's working very well with this juice. Nice warm draw with good vapour and excellent flavour. No leaks either.

I think that Pear juice that I got with the order was resonsible for most of my problems yesterday. It killed my eGo-C too and I had to take out the atty and it's currently soaking in alcohol.

For some reason I always find the 18mg stuff way too strong in any of those clearomiser set ups. 12mg is always more than enough for me when using them.

Really looking forward to eeloe's experience with it.

actually how much was shipping to Ireland?

Goods were £31.89 less discount of £3.19 and postage was £6.56

Speaking of postage, of the UK sites I know of Liberty Flights and ECig Wizard have free EU postage and a few others have free postage when you spend over a certain amount. The only Irish site I know of is Irish Vapers....are there more?

bestshop has free postage for orders over 75
    never checked the others

hrm, inawera have 100ml of 36mg of their dirty neutral base for 12 euro

Yeah, that would be cheaper alright. I was getting needle caps and a few flavours and just thought I'd throw this into the basket as the high nic base I used before worked out great.

I might have been able to convince myself to do it the original way, but i am not fiddling about with cutting copper tubes.

I was reading some forums where guys have found a work around...something about loosening a silver ring, etc. I'm sure there will be plenty of updates on UTube when and if I need them.

bestshop has free postage for orders over 75
    never checked the others

Yeah, but I don't want to be spending over 75 Euro if I need an adaptor or just something small from them.

aye, afaik though irishvapers is the only one with free postage as standard

Probably because they don't have recorded delivery...stuff just arrives in the door without having to sign for it. Best Shop use a courier company now I think. I suppose recorded delivery is to stop people claiming stuff was lost in the post and demanding replacements.

my order from bestshop came in the ordinary post w/ no signing, irishvapers have a registered post option now too iirc, think it costs a fiver

The stuff I got from Best Shop last week was delivered by courier.

• Advertisement

weird
    i suppose I did only order 2 cartomisers :) hardly worth using a courier for

Advertisement