Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'll post up when I get to try them out anyway. I went for the lower res ones alright, I guessed the higher ones might be a bit too much for an eGo battery. Probably very good for vv users though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'll post up when I get to try them out anyway. I went for the lower res ones alright, I guessed the higher ones might be a bit too much for an eGo battery. Probably very good for vv users though.

As far as I know you'll need either a 510-510 adopter or a 510-Ego one if you want to use it on anything other than an Ego battery. Mine might be here tomorrow so I'll know for sure then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think you do, iirc from the review they have that recessed battery connector

be careful with 510-510 adapters though.. don't put them on too tight, I have two.. and they're both stuck to whatever I screwed them into

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'll just be using an eGo battery, I haven't ventured into the world of VV.

Yet :)

probably a good idea not to have gotten into it yet, lavatube v2's are coming soon enough i think and that howitzer mod looks pretty interesting too

be lots of options come summer time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I think I may just hold out for the lava tube v2 instead of getting a v1 now.

yeah, i think they are increase tha amp limit so youll be able to run dual coils at a higher voltage

that said, the howitzer mod kit looks pretty damn enticing. the ability to make it any of 3 sizes, be handy for variable volting on the go. I would wait until it had an 18650 end piece though, but that's just me... and cos I already have 18650 batteries :)

I really need a job.. too much **** I want to buy and no money for any of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well eeloe, how's the CE4 working out for you now after a few days use? The second one I tried works well for a few drags and then the stinking burnt taste comes back for a while. To be fair, when it's working well it's top class vapour and taste. It must not be wicking great for some reason though and I've tried a good few things to improve it.

Might be worth cracking open another one! I do like it when it's working well and filling is easy. Big improvement on the other clearo's but that burnt taste even occasionally is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

Got my 2 vision ego clearomizers from safercigs today, just filled 1 before lunch and let it soak for half hour and first impressions are very good, nice flavour and TH,
    They have a harder draw than ce3s,but as Sir Chicken has said a 510 adapter would sort that out if I dont get used to it
    This is after 5 minutes (and about 50 puffs) so like everything else problems or dislikes could rear thier ugly heads after a while, if they stay as good as this they will definately be keepers!
    As with the ce3s you can see what juice you have left, so another fill and forget which is a big plus for me, and can fill spares or carry liquid as very easily filled
    Will report any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I've been using one of these new CE4 Plus Clearomizers for past 3 days. It's the standard 2.8 ohm version. So far I am REALLY impresses. Easiest of all cartomizers / clearomizers that I have tried so far for filling - just screw of the mouthpiece and pour in your juice, and off you go.

I will definitely be recommending this product, and with it being so faff free, I think it could be a great start for a lot of newbies.

However, like so many other devices, I find that certain juices / flavours work better than others. Personally I find that some of the "tobacco" flavours come off too harsh, with too strong a throat hit, but flavours lke chocolate, menthol etc are really smooth.

Just wondering what other posters here vaped in their CE Plus, and their opinions on same.

• Advertisement

I got a pack of 5 and didn't like them at all. The vision eGo is better but still doesn't really rock my boat. If you like the CE4 you should definitely buy a Vision eGo as it's better built and is an overall improvement on the CE4.

Jesus, sorry lads, I though I replied here after I used it for a couple days.

As GH said, the first couple of drags were grand, after that you get the stinking burnt taste, had to keep fiddling with it, tipping it over to try and soak the wicks all the time! :-(

its weird how some people swear blind by clearomisers and others just can't get them to work properly at all

its weird how some people swear blind by clearomisers and others just can't get them to work properly at all

Exactly! I've tried almost every clearo type and no matter what I do, they just don't work for me. I'll admiit that I could get by with the eGo Vision but that's all it would be, getting by. The Vision seems to eat juice for me as well as not really liking it.

Is there something different about the technique for these clearo's or something? Just tried my eGo Vision again. As with all of these clearo's I find that of I do a gentle pull and inhale it nearly chokes me and if I do a reasonably strong pull I get vapour but it's like sucking through a pin hole.

Bloody clearo's. I keep trying them cos some people swear by them but I have never had one positive experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

I just ordered a CE4 Plus Clearo for around 6 euro and should have it tomorrow,
    i let you know what i think of it.
    By reading all reviews it goes from the best easiest ever to the worst plastic tasting device.

Im still confident and let you know in a few days, hope i get a good batch...

till then

Taking one for the team there Stefan...

Hopefully you get a good batch and enjoy using them!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I just ordered a CE4 Plus Clearo for around 6 euro and should have it tomorrow,

Me too! The idea of having to use a syringe and tweezers just felt like a bigger PITA than I'm happy with. Hopefully the price tag is worth it.

I've been using the CE4 plus all day, and unsurprisingly it's pretty underwhelming.

It's certainly convenient; it holds a good bit of liquid, it's very easy to fill and there's no leaking - but the taste ranges from weak to burnt. It's quite noisy so I haven't been using it that much at work, but will give it a good go in the car this evening and see if it's better then.

Well? Any better? I'm completely underwhelmed by them too but some people swear by them!

• Advertisement

I tried it with a medium Marlboro flavour and it's a little better. But I haven't tried that juice on a normal cart so it's hard to compare properly. I can't be bothered testing it with loads of different juices to see what works best.

I'll see if it improves over the next day or so in case it takes a while to break in.

I'm getting totally fed up with vaping. It seems that you need to get a ridiculously bulky device to get a consistent hit etc. That or fiddly carts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I've been using one of these CE4 Plus for about 9 days now. The big "plus" no pun intended, is the easy filling. I have had a few burnt tastes. But let me digress for a moment. My other half is not quite as keen as myself on the whole vaping thing, but for past week has been happily puffing away on a 510 with a Boge SR carto. (As long as I keep her batteries charged and carto filled, she's happy :) This morning she said she was getting a burnt / harsh taste from from the Boge carto. I tried it and it tasted perfect to me. At the same time I thought I was getting a slightly burnt taste from my CE4 Plus, and when she tried it, she thought it fine. Thus, there were 2 of us having very different experiences from different devices - no rhyme nor reason to this, and as such I am somewhat reluctant to give my "definitive" view on what should be done with any device!

But having said that, I think there are a couple of small tricks that can help the overall experience with the clearomizer. The first and main one, and this holds true for many devices, is that after drawing on the clearo, is to hold the vapour in your mouth for a couple of seconds before inhaling.

The second thing I think is the eLiquid used. Different flavours perform completely different in this device, which again is not unusual. I have a lot more flavours that I would like to try on the device and can post back with my results.

Others say that these work best at lower voltage such as your standard Ego battery.

Drove up and down to Dublin from Galway at weekend and the CE4+ was indeed very handy while driving.

I went through that too. Tried all of the usual suspects that people liked in the vaping world and almost all disappointed. It does begin to wear you out.

I have to admit though that my little DCT is the best purchase I've made. No leaks, holds a couple of mls and just generally performs well. I change the carto after a week or 10 days.

I wish the clearo's would work though. I do think the Vision eGo is a pretty robust piece of kit and definitely a big improvement on the CE4 but still doesn't perform well for me for some reason.

I have to admit though that my little DCT is the best purchase I've made. No leaks, holds a couple of mls and just generally performs well. I change the carto after a week or 10 days.

Where did you get it from - could you post a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

+1

You won't regret it Eoin, got mine last Tuesday and it's hands down the best vape I've had to date, get two tanks though if you go smoktech, or go with a more robust model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN-eAtYrxGc - this explains why..

I tried the DCT off the back of a bad batch of echomizers, I'll never buy one of those again!

I had a successful period 100% vape free followed by holidays and back to a heavy work load, vaping more frequently now but I'm using 3mg juice. Almost one year officially smoke free :)

Their only major flaw is the potential for a huge puddle of spilled juice, I wouldn't carry one loose in my pocket, that's why I went with the smaller 3.5ml option.

The first one is a once-off purchase, right?
    Samba wrote:
    Their only major flaw is the potential for a huge puddle of spilled juice, I wouldn't carry one loose in my pocket, that's why I went with the smaller 3.5ml option.

I think the smaller one then!
    ---
    To get back on topic - I've been using the CE4+ for the day. I'm still not blown away with the flavour from it, but it doesn't seem as burnt. I haven't used the marlboro medium flavour on a normal cart, so I can't compare. When it's used up I'll try my normal stuff and see if it's been improved.

On the plus side, I do really like the design. I've not had to fill it all day and it doesn't leak.

The best carts I've used so far for hit and flavour have been the mega DCCs, but they were really inconsistent and work out quite expensive if you get a dud or two.

The tank is a once off and the carto's are replaceable. I have the tank about 2 months now.

Eoin wrote: »
    On the plus side, I do really like the design. I've not had to fill it all day and it doesn't leak.

Cancel that - the bastard thing fell apart as I was getting in the car and spilt a full ****ing load of juice over me and the car.

• Advertisement

the stardust fell apart?> weird
    for all its faults I thought it looked pretty sturdy

Advertisement