Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Molar Removed But Sill Get Pain

• 23-02-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice please.

I had a molar removed over two years ago. I was offered the choice of root canal treatment but I declined. I was in far too much pain and just wanted the tooth gone.

The extraction was easy and the gum healed very quickly.

Roll on two years later and I am still getting an odd pain or feeling of sensitivity in the area were the tooth was.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Have the area X-rayed to make sure there is no root tips or anything like that, could be a tooth next door. If is was an upper tooth is could be sinus problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Hi, looking for some advice please.

I had a molar removed over two years ago. I was offered the choice of root canal treatment but I declined. I was in far too much pain and just wanted the tooth gone.

The extraction was easy and the gum healed very quickly.

Roll on two years later and I am still getting an odd pain or feeling of sensitivity in the area were the tooth was.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks.

When a tooth is removed, the bone that held it in place dissolves away. Given time, this may expose some of the root surface of an adjacent tooth causing some root sensitivity... Get this checked out aswell as roots, sinuses, infections etc..

Advertisement