Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alpro milks

Options
  • 23-02-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted before but there are two new Alpro milks in Tesco. An almond one and a hazlenut one. They are both €1.99. I picked up the almond one to try so will report back when I have!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. Almond Milk is lovely in smoothies but the stuff in health food shops can be twice that price so I never buy it! Would like to try hazelnut too :) let us know how the almond one tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

I tried the hazelnut one recently. It wasn't bad, although being less creamy compared to the soya versions made it a bit watery tasting. I think a hazelnut flavour soya drink might have been a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I love the hazelnut one, it makes my coffee taste all hazelnutty :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very nice tasting, mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 langerballs

I tried both the almond and a hazlenut one. The almond is very creamy. I can see myself using this again. The hazlenut is a bit watery but fine. I'm not the biggest hazlenut fan though.

BTW Holland & Barret's current Healthy magazine has a voucher for a free 200ml sample of Almond milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

This sounds delish. Can't wait to try both.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Got the hazelnut drink. Very nice taste, I'm having a lot of trouble getting over how much it looks like milk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Bought the Almond one today. I have a bit of Rice Dream to get through before I crack it open. But, when I was putting it away I noticed that the second ingredient is sugar (after water...). Not off to the best start so..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mpdg wrote: »
    Bought the Almond one today. I have a bit of Rice Dream to get through before I crack it open. But, when I was putting it away I noticed that the second ingredient is sugar (after water...). Not off to the best start so..

Yeah it's the same with the hazelnut one. I wasn't too impressed by it. Still from the nutrition data it doesn't look like there's much sugar in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I quite liked the almond one although as I am used to unsweetend soya in my tea it made the tea a little sweet for me. Didnt curdle though in tea which is good.

I also liked it just as a drink. Think I will stick with my soya but good to know there are alternatives out there.

Just have to wait for the new Tesco free from range to hit the shelves here now!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nicer in coffee than tea imo, very nice. As a drink itself is is also pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

The local Tesco didn't have them today (surprise surprise) and I'm raging. I've had almond milk before and I thought it was awesome. Just expensive and harder to find.
    Can someone who has bought them let me know if they're fortified or not? Handy if they are.

Edit: It's ok, I googled it and found out they are. Also Tesco have them online. Win!

Advertisement