Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought Groupon Deal - Cant Use it

Options
  • 23-02-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a groupon voucher for 4 driving lessons with Nicks School of Motoring.

I read the terms and conditions and it just said that you need to have a provisional licence (learners permit).

Now I went to book it and on their website http://nicksschoolofmotoring.weebly.com/lessons.html

it says that you have to have gotten your permit after April 4th and now I cant use it! Can they do this? Just get you to buy it and then give you different terms later?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Tow

It is not in the Groupon fine print:
    Fine Print
    Expires 14 November 2012.
    Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required by phone or email. 48 hour cancellation policy. Drivers must hold learners permit. Includes log book.

Get on to Groupon sort it out or give your a refund.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I doubt Groupon will even argue with you if you point out that this stipulation was't mentioned at the time of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

They actually would.

They said because its for EDT driving lessons that only those who got their licence after April 4th get EDT lessons. Everyone else just gets normal lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    They actually would.

They said because its for EDT driving lessons that only those who got their licence after April 4th get EDT lessons. Everyone else just gets normal lessons.

No they won't. I've already contacted Grupon about it and they have accepted that they emitted the information accidentally from the original deal and have offered a refund.

Advertisement