Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Iphone

• 23-02-2012 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I had my Iphone stolen out of my hand last night as I was walking home from work, little scumbag swiped it and ran down a street off Dorset street, there was 2 guards sat in an unmarked car looking at him. I chased after him but lost him in an alley way, the guards pulled up in a car and told me to get in, they knew him, they said it was the third phone he stole that day. The drove to his flat just opposite temple street hospital and I sat in the back of the car, he wasnt at home.

The rang me this morning and said the caught him but that he had sold of my phone or got rid of it by that time... I think its a disgrace they cant do anything to him, even though they saw him steal the phone... Im have tempted to get a group of people together and go to his flat and give him a good hiding...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Funwoody wrote: »
    I had my Iphone stolen out of my hand last night as I was walking home from work, little scumbag swiped it and ran down a street off Dorset street, there was 2 guards sat in an unmarked car looking at him. I chased after him but lost him in an alley way, the guards pulled up in a car and told me to get in, they knew him, they said it was the third phone he stole that day. The drove to his flat just opposite temple street hospital and I sat in the back of the car, he wasnt at home.

The rang me this morning and said the caught him but that he had sold of my phone or got rid of it by that time... I think its a disgrace they cant do anything to him, even though they saw him steal the phone... Im have tempted to get a group of people together and go to his flat and give him a good hiding...

Sorry to read that you lost your phone in such a manner, however the violent remedies you suggest are not tolerated round here and please do not repeat such.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fourloco

Same thing happened to me yesterday as I walked from town along the North Strand. :mad: I was on the phone when the scumbag came up behind me and swiped it. He waited until I was just passing the flats on the left before the Newcomen bridge so he could leg in through them, probably to Summerhill. Happened so quick I couldn't have done anything, didn't get a look at the guy either, only saw him as he pegged it away from me.

A women witnessed it and told me that she saw him jump out from a car and he just walked along as normal for a minute behind me then...

Knew I wouldn't get it back so within the hour half hour I had rang vodafone and blocked my sim and phone, probably won't make any difference to the pricks? :confused:

Rang the garda and they called up to the house pretty quick to take the statement. Just waiting on the pulse number from the report now so I can get another iphone under my insurance, lucky to have it. I always used the handsfree on the earphones, except for yesterday :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Creamcakes

I had my iphone stolen from me in dublin city center too. And when it happened I contacted the guards. Then I got onto my service provider o2 and reported it to them. You need to get a guard that is willing to put in a bit of time and effort, most guards wont bother. And with the help of that guard being in contact with o2 and giving them hell to track the phone. 8 months later they made an arrest after tracking my phone to the exact address and got the phone back. The person was done on handeling stolen property even tho they never stole the phone. So i got my iphone back, it was well worn but my sister got use from it as I had a new one.
    In the end of the day we need to keep at the guards and our service provoider to get the phones back or track them for us, some of us cant afford to be out of pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

No offence OP, but you are a bit of an idiot. Just claim another phone on insurance and let it go. Getting a linch mob together to go get him is never a good idea and could leave you in more trouble than you think.

You could get your head split open, get arrested for assault, anything can happen

Advertisement