Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Printer problem.....

Options
  • 23-02-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to fix a problem for a friend. She has just got a new router from Eircom - a P-660HW -T1 v3. Got that set up no bother but then tried to connect her Advent AW10 wireless printer. Entered the network info on the printer and it seems to connect ok, but I cannot access the printer from the computer. Am totally stuck cos never used this type of router before and not sure where to go next.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

FanadMan wrote: »
    Hi

I'm trying to fix a problem for a friend. She has just got a new router from Eircom - a P-660HW -T1 v3. Got that set up no bother but then tried to connect her Advent AW10 wireless printer. Entered the network info on the printer and it seems to connect ok, but I cannot access the printer from the computer. Am totally stuck cos never used this type of router before and not sure where to go next.

Thanks

Have you installed the printer driver on the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

dub45 wrote: »
    Have you installed the printer driver on the computer?

Yup - second thing I did....as per the install instructions. Firstly I connected the printer to the router via wireless and then I installed the printer drivers on the PC. Both seemed to connect to the router ok but the printer is showing as offline no matter what I do. I installed this printer before when they had their old Eircom router without a problem. It's really annoying me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

my wireless printer had to be connected to the laptop via usb durin the setup process, maybe you need to do that...

I'll try that next. The owner has been on to both Eircom and Advent with no success. Maybe a couple of shots from a hammer might sort it out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

check your router settings and make sure you dont have "wireless ap isolation" or somethign to that effect enabled. that was my problem for ages trying to connect to my wifi printer.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    check your router settings and make sure you dont have "wireless ap isolation" or somethign to that effect enabled. that was my problem for ages trying to connect to my wifi printer.

Sweet - going to try that tomorrow. Thanks :)

Advertisement