Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cinema?

• 23-02-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Anyone know is the much talked about new cinema actually going to happen. I'm hearing it is but that could be idle chat. Anyone know anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

ive heard about it too, i even emailed them a cv about a job there because i heard they were looking.got a message back that all jobs are gone but they are keeping me on file.other than that i have not heard anything about it.if it will come about, it will be great to have a city centre cinema.heres hoping itll happen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Some days I pass it and there is work going on. I could pass again for a few days and not see anything happening. It seems to be getting pushed back all the time. What was the last schedueled time for opening? The start of March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is it not being worked on right now in the Jetland Retail park?

It is not a city centre cinema though, in case some think that it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They had an ad in last week's Leader looking for staff.

http://www.showtimecinemas.ie/limerick.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I think some people are talking about the redevelopment of the Royale and others are talking about the new cinema in Jetland.

Work seems to be progressing well in Jetland but Cecil Street seems to be hit and miss as to whether anything is actually happening there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Passed it last sunday and the were fitting new fire doors on the external walls,alot of work has been done inside.Some old posts have it opening in mid-march.If they are looking for staff the must be on the last few bits.

source wrote: »
    I think some people are talking about the redevelopment of the Royale and others are talking about the new cinema in Jetland.

Work seems to be progressing well in Jetland but Cecil Street seems to be hit and miss as to whether anything is actually happening there.

Ya I was talking about the Jetland just to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

I work in Jetland and every now and again i see the odd cement truck there, id say theres a lot of interior development to be done whice is why there probably isnt much obvious work going on, after all the unit/s itself is already built

Showtime cinema on the Ennis road is confirmed as opening on March 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Good news but it is a cinema in the city that is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

RonMexico wrote: »
    Good news but it is a cinema in the city that is needed.

A city centre cinema will never happen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Where exactly on the Ennis Road is this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

finbarrk wrote: »
    Where exactly on the Ennis Road is this place?

Next to Woodies\Smyths\McDonalds\Dunnes Jetland

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Great, thanks. I must check it out so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Its the nicest cinema I've ever been into...

Its clean, staff are friendly, there is loads of leg room and comfy seats that recline:)

One bad mark against it tho, if your looking for a student ticket, they take the details off your student card and write them into a book. A little strange, but my reckoning, is that its a way to deter people from using their student cards as its a little inconvenient...Doesn't stop me, even despite me having graduated from college already:cool:

Advertisement