Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone having upc problems knocknacarra area?

• 23-02-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

As the title.states my internet and tv has no signal.
    Should I ring them or are more people affected.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Everything fine here, i'm around kingston/threadneedle though.

Grem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Clybaun Road: TV fine, don't have UPC internet (yet).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

TV & Internet fine here as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

TV & Internet fine here as well

where about are you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

All services were on and off for me earlier, I'm on the dublin road. All okay now though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

on clybaun road and it's been slow as fook for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Seaneh wrote: »
    on clybaun road and it's been slow as fook for a few days.
    Yeah, Clybaun, Knocknacarra, Rahoon and T Hill folks all complaining of super slow speeds in the last week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I'm in knocknacarra park, UPC tv is fine and internet is same as always

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Few months ago our upc was down, rang them on the friday and nobody could repair it until the following thursday. Crazy- and they are very difficult to deal with. Is there any other tv/internet providers in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Few months ago our upc was down, rang them on the friday and nobody could repair it until the following thursday. Crazy- and they are very difficult to deal with. Is there any other tv/internet providers in the city?

I've had sky for nearly a year now and have found them good to deal with anytime I needed to ring about a problem; get through to an agent quickly and they nearly always manage to sort it out the glitch there and then. Never actually needed anyone to call out so don't know how quick they can do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Ludikrus

I'm getting a "Loss of signal" message on my UPC TV channels all night. My house is on the Clybaun road. Is anyone else affected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

everything is fine in my house. have you tried tuning it all off and on again may sort it out. and check the wires are all secure

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Anyone having problems with UPC in the Woodquay/City Centre area?

Tried power cycling the box but to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Ludikrus wrote: »
    I'm getting a "Loss of signal" message on my UPC TV channels all night. My house is on the Clybaun road. Is anyone else affected?

For the last few days my analogue channels had an annoying message taking up nearly half the screen saying along the lines of:

This channel will move to a different frequency from April 2nd, retune before then to avoid losing the channel.

Or something to that effect. And that was on about 6 channels.

Having retuned - there's now only 12 analogue channels from UPC, whereas before it was 18.

Advertisement