Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies Burberry trenchcoat

• 23-02-2012 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy either a new ladies Burberry trench coat in Ireland (preferably in Dublin), or an as-new one? Size 12 or 14 would be good :) Do Burberry have an agent here, do you know?

Thanks in advance,

Lorraine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Brown Thomas?

Or you can order from burberry.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lorraine Mulroy

Thank you for the info, but I have checked Brown Thomas and they don't have them.
    I really need to try on the coat so I know it fits right before I buy it, so I don't want to order from the Burberry site.....
    Any other ideas? Are there any high quality 'used' shops in the city that anyone could recommend?
    Brown Thomas?

Or you can order from burberry.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

My wardrobe.com or net-a-porter

Shipping costs the same as petrol into town + parking. I'm a big fan of online shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What about Harvey Nichols or BT2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lorraine Mulroy

Thanks, I'll try them both tomorrow! :)
    What about Harvey Nichols or BT2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Thank you for the info, but I have checked Brown Thomas and they don't have them.
    I really need to try on the coat so I know it fits right before I buy it, so I don't want to order from the Burberry site.....
    Any other ideas? Are there any high quality 'used' shops in the city that anyone could recommend?

A quick google throws up this article which lists some shops that sell used higher end brands. The article is from 2009 though so whether all these shops are still in business is another thing.

Burberry's official site have a size guide with measurements in cm and inches so if you have a measuring tape you could easily figure out what size you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Brown Thomas in Dublin do stock Burberry and they do stock the trench coats. So I don't know why you are saying they don't stock them when they do .... 1st floor near the escalators, on your way into the premier designer section.

BT2 definitely don't stock Burberry as it's a premier designer, and as far as I know Harvey Nics don't stock Burberry either.

But Brown Thomas DEFINITELY stock them, I was only looking at their coats 2 weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Brown Thomas in Dublin do stock Burberry and they do stock the trench coats. So I don't know why you are saying they don't stock them when they do .... 1st floor near the escalators, on your way into the premier designer section.
    Maybe she meant that Brown Thomas don't have the coat she is looking for in stock, rather than they don't stock Burberry coats at all.

At least that's what I thought she meant anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Thelma Mansfield

Hi Lorraine,
    I know your post is a few weeks old but just to say that ordered a trench coat from the Burberry website a while back and the sizes were true, ie. the coat fitted me exactly the way I expected it to! So I would say that they were pretty good :)
    Thelma

Advertisement