Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secrets of career progression

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

"If your going to tell lies-tell big lies" - Adolf Hitler.

And get ****ing good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Some people are just better at climbing the corporate ladder. What do you think makes some people get promotions and not others, not including being good at the job?

I think you need to show you won't be treated like sh1t helps. For example refusing to do something where you think someone else should do it.

Blackmail.
    It happens more than you will ever know.
    One of the oldest and quickest ways to advance ones position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Work for Hank Scorpio

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

weemcd wrote: »
    Work for Hank Scorpio

I have allergies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you mess up then blame the guy who speaks no English

Ah Tibor, how many times have you saved my butt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Two things I’ve learned:
    When your young job hop for pay raises most companies will just pay what they have to.
    If you get passed over for promotion you should look for another job unless the other person is more qualified. Couple of reasons for this, you can get stuck in a position that you are too valuable to move from or the management have issues with you. Neither is good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

"Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish"

Advertisement