Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card Government Stamp Duty

• 23-02-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering when does the 30 euro Government Stamp Duty for credit cards become due. I handed back my credit card to the bank during the last year, but I have now received a bill for 30 euro. So is this valid in that it is the charge for the year previous to that (ie Feb 2011 to Feb 2012) or is it the bill for the year ahead in which case I shouldn't have to pay it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Stky10 wrote: »
    I'm wondering when does the 30 euro Government Stamp Duty for credit cards become due. I handed back my credit card to the bank during the last year, but I have now received a bill for 30 euro. So is this valid in that it is the charge for the year previous to that (ie Feb 2011 to Feb 2012) or is it the bill for the year ahead in which case I shouldn't have to pay it?

For the previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

For the previous year. Plenty of threads on this before. Link below from citizens info also has info you need. Its the first hit when government stamp duty is googled.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/stamp_duty_on_financial_cards.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Ok cheers, did a search on google but didn't spot anything definitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

I got notification with my CC bill today and it says Stamp Duty Charge of €30.00 will be due on 1 April annually or at account closure.

Advertisement