Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog to go??

• 23-02-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I've a slight big problem!!
    I had a dog for 10 years, he passed away and I eventually got a new dog. My mother was and is still not happy about him. He's an extremely energetic and even after playing with him for upto an hour he's still mad to go! Hes about 5 months at this stage so you can imagine :) But she's sick of him jumping on everybody he sees and occasionally pulling clothes off the line and said he has to go. I was wondering if anybody has any advise on what to do because I'm trying everything to make him look like a good doggy!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

He is only a pup and your mother should know this. Patience is required given time and plenty of training and exercise he should turn out exactly as you wish him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Puppy classes: Take him to a puppy class that uses humane methods of training, it's important everyone in the household takes part. He's only a baby and at that age you need to be consistant and maybe clicker training will help.
    Puppies need guidance and training so you need to start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Thanks Sigma Force. She'd talked already about the professional dog training in local places but I know that would be a work out and a half! Will talk to her about that and thanks for the replies

Advertisement