Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new entrance.. planning permission ???

Options
  • 23-02-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice on planning permission, I intend to knock part of a wall and put in a new front entrance. I've never done this type of thing before so have no idea where to start...
    Do I need an architect ? I'm assuming I need plans.
    Do they put in the application for planning permission or do I ?
    Any advice would be appreciate, of course I'd like to do this as cheaply as possible....goes without saying...:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

get planning if you can... I have a neighbour who didn't get planning for his driveway on to the N2 in the 70s...
    Never worried about it for 40 years until they went to sell the house lasy year and were told they need to get planning!! and can't get it either... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

bnear wrote: »
    I'm looking for some advice on planning permission, I intend to knock part of a wall and put in a new front entrance. I've never done this type of thing before so have no idea where to start...
    Do I need an architect ? I'm assuming I need plans.
    Do they put in the application for planning permission or do I ?
    Any advice would be appreciate, of course I'd like to do this as cheaply as possible....goes without saying...:D

Id advise getting an architect up for advice! They wont be too expensive these days and may even save you money in the long run if, for example, you end up seeking rentention for your changes in the future. Can be a bit of a minefield, lines of sight and distances depend on the class of road, age and type of wall believe it or not...etc.
    You may not need to seek permission but better to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Thanks for all the advice, its been a big help :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

bnear wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice, its been a big help :D

No problem, we are glad to be of service.
    The bill is now in the post! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

kormak wrote: »
    get planning if you can... I have a neighbour who didn't get planning for his driveway on to the N2 in the 70s...
    Never worried about it for 40 years until they went to sell the house lasy year and were told they need to get planning!! and can't get it either... :mad:

They were told wrong,

Advertisement