Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part period charges

Options
  • 23-02-2012 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hello,

Can someone please explain what part period charges are as shown on my bill? I'm guessing its some sort of connection fee?? I was told switching was free.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello,

Can someone please explain what part period charges are as shown on my bill? I'm guessing its some sort of connection fee?? I was told switching was free.

Thanks.

Hi DoubleBogey,

When a customer connects or moves back to eircom the date the service is fully back / activated with eircom is invariably in the middle of the billing period.

Eircom always bill for service a month or two months in advance (depending on your billing cycle).

So if you look at the first bill it will have charges for this period which is the line rental for the the first moth or two months.

Below that is Service and connection charges:

This is for line rental from the date the account was back with eircom, to the date the first bill was issued. This is a one off charge (only on the first bill) for those additional days or weeks the line was connected outside the billing period. (Broken period rental)

There should be a provide residence line charge either for €20.65 or €107.43. Then the equivalent amount is deducted below insuring the connection is free of charge.

I hope that is clear, let me no if you need me to expand on anything.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Hi Mark,

I can see the connection charge has been refunded under the "Connection Charges section". But there is an additional charge separate to that called Part Period Charges. The "Part Period Type" is "Charge for next Gen. Broadband regular". This charge is not refunded and has shown on my first and second bill. Any idea what this is for? There was no mention of any additional charges when I switched over. In fact I was told the switch over is free.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

I can see the connection charge has been refunded under the "Connection Charges section". But there is an additional charge separate to that called Part Period Charges. The "Part Period Type" is "Charge for next Gen. Broadband regular". This charge is not refunded and has shown on my first and second bill. Any idea what this is for? There was no mention of any additional charges when I switched over. In fact I was told the switch over is free.

Thanks.

Hi DoubleBogey,

I Pm you back there regarding your query.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement