Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ngb line rental

Options
  • 23-02-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi, I would like to order NGB 8MB so do I need line rental for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

ngb wrote: »
    hi, I would like to order NGB 8MB so do I need line rental for it?

Hi ngb,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Boards Forum.

To quickly answer your query : Yes you will need a phoneline in order to avail of broadband with eircom.

Adsl fixed line broadband is provided over the eircom network (including phonelines and fibre). This requires that you have a fixed phoneline connection in place at your premises, in order to receive Adsl broadband. The broadband signal frequency is transmitted and received through the eircom exchange to your premises. This is the only way that eircom can provide our broadband - (Adsl fixed line broadband).

Line rental is therefore required to avail of our broadband packages. My advice is that it would be benefitial for you, to opt for a Phone and Broadband Bundle together. The cost often includes Line rental in the package and will work out cheaper than opting for broadband alone.

For e.g : The minimum broadband alone charge could be approximately €25 p/m. If you add this to line rental then the cost would be approximately €50 p/m.
    However, you can avail of a Broadband Bundle, which includes a phone package (National, evening & weekend calls, etc) and this will also include your Line rental). This cost of this Bundle is much cheaper at approximately €39.99.

So it is worthwhile having looking at our Broadband Bundle Packages instead of Broadband alone. To order a Broadband Bundle online or to upgrade your broadband to NGB /or just see if you qualify for NGB, please see our Products website below:

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

REMEMBER you can avail of further savings if you order online.
    http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

If you need direct help with your broadband package, please contact Broadband Sales :

Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement